FIRST OIL CHANGE with DEALER IN MY USED 2019 RAPTOR OIL CHANGE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford never recommends transmissions be flushed. The interval to change the transmission fluid and filter is 150k.
Funny. My ford.dealership guy Machado in Miami wanted to.do.some sort of transmission flush or something at 40k. I was like no ty

breezy

Reaction score
Ford never recommends transmissions be flushed. The interval to change the transmission fluid and filter is 150k.
Wow I can't say I agree with Ford on that. I'll plan on at least a drain and fill every 50 and probably the filter at 100. I've seen too many failures across makes.

I just checked the high mileage gen 2 thread and no one is mentioning it but it looks like no one had a mid 100s mileage.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Well, damnit. My dealership just told me that I needed to change the trans fluid at 70k as "standard maintenance". $250 charge.

And in regard to engine oil... I thought Mobil-1 5W30 was the specified oil for this truck. Full synthetic.

My concern for a turbo motor and conventional oil would be coking in the lines and turbo from heat soak. This builds up sludge over time and reducing cooling and lubrication. In high hp racing applications, I have always been fond of Rotella T in all its forms. Fantastic stuff formulated specifically to handle turbo heat soak.

Also... I had a friend whom bought into the while Amzoil thing. Had a head gasket leak... and low and behold. Engine coolant plus Amsoil equals solidified jello. Buh bye motor. Could not have been more surprising to see the oil pan pried off of that thing.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, damnit. My dealership just told me that I needed to change the trans fluid at 70k as "standard maintenance". $250 charge.

And in regard to engine oil... I thought Mobil-1 5W30 was the specified oil for this truck. Full synthetic.

My concern for a turbo motor and conventional oil would be coking in the lines and turbo from heat soak. This builds up sludge over time and reducing cooling and lubrication. In high hp racing applications, I have always been fond of Rotella T in all its forms. Fantastic stuff formulated specifically to handle turbo heat soak.

Also... I had a friend whom bought into the while Amzoil thing. Had a head gasket leak... and low and behold. Engine coolant plus Amsoil equals solidified jello. Buh bye motor. Could not have been more surprising to see the oil pan pried off of that thing.
As long as they just drained and refilled the fluid and changed the filter that’s fine. What causes issues are the flush machines; they dislodge debris/clutch material and send it through the passages in the case and valve body, which can restrict passages or cause valves to stick.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST AN UPDATE-- I was told FORD change their Transmission and Differential FLUID CHANGE to every 30k .. is that crazy or what?

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use ford "crap" oil till 15k miles then make the switch over to Valvoline "Full synthetic".