First oil change where to go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my truck in July, just hit 5,000 miles of highway driving and need an oil change. I bought in a different state so I have no dealership loyalty here in Austin. I’ve seen people on the forums here recommend buying a better filter and oil and taking it to Jiffy Lube (or the like) and having them do it but watching to make sure the good stuff is used. Thoughts? I’m not mechanically inclined (though I’d like to learn) but I don’t have time right now to dedicate to it.
Assuming buying a better filter and oil to take to the shop is the way to go, what brands do you recommend? How much oil? I come from a V8 Audi S4 so I know a bit about massive oil intake but not what’s good for this engine. Thanks!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s not that bad of a job. It’s a good time to learn and get intimate with your Raptor. Prepare for a mess but it may not be that bad.

Lots of info here on how to DIY and lots of members to ask.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never go to jiffy lube. Those places are notoriously for double gasketing, over or under filling, rounding off drain plugs, and damaging your vehicle.

I would recommend a Ford Quick Lane. They use Motorcraft oil and filters (you can request full synthetic), you can watch them service your truck through the lobby window to the shop, and you can use your FordPass points.

If an issue were to occur, you have a better chance of the dealer (Quick Lane owner) making it right than a franchised oil change garage.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just go to a Ford dealer near you. May as well buy your future oil and filters from them as well. Loyalty isnt a problem, they will still service your raptor.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Ford Quick Lane here in San Antonio for all oil changes on my wife’s Shelby GT and for my Raptor when it is time for a tire rotation. Northside opened a Quick Lane not attached to a dealership which is indeed quick plus they are always sending out offers for the Works for $22 bucks which includes tire rotation and synthetic blend.

Mark

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
I take mine to my driveway. That way I know the guy working on it is going to do it right. Most Ford quick lanes I see are filled with high school or college age looking guys who look like they really don't give a shit about doing a good job on your truck. Last time I took my truck to a quick lane they put the wrong weight in. That was on my 2017 XLT. They will not be touching my Raptor.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Also you can use your ford pass app points to pay for the oil change. The 42,000 points equals I think $280

I received 4,200 points from a different Dealer when I purchased my 2019 Ford Escape for my wife but I never received any points from a large Volume Dealer from which I've purchased several vehicles over the years.

Was I supposed to receive 4,200 points for my Raptor as well?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The points are something new I think and I didn’t get any when I bought my 2017 Raptor but I did on my 2019. What year is your Raptor?