First oil change after break in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas White

Reaction score
So just hit 1600 mi on new shelby raptor and decided to change the oil (amsoil, not trying to start an oil war use amsoil on all my vehicles) anyways what a pain in the but skid plate is in the way caused major mess and then there was the oil filter what were these design engineers thinking? this was by far the worst oil change on any vehicle I haver ever owned... I went ahead and added a fumoto ez drain plug to avoid this kind of mess on the next change... still haven't figured out an easier way on the filter that will still be a royal pain

OP
OP
Thomas White

Thomas White

Reaction score
yeah that's what I figured (beating dead horse) EZ drain plug is a work around to removing skid plate every oil change any ways still a great riding truck

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah that's what I figured (beating dead horse) EZ drain plug is a work around to removing skid plate every oil change any ways still a great riding truck
I have removed my skid plate every oil change for the last 10 years, it doesn't really take that much time and effort, and you get to clean up the front frame and crossmember area while you're watching the oil drip.

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
How strong is the valve itself? Few months ago, I purchased Stahlbus valve and on my second oil change, the valve broke off and had threaded piece lodged in the oil plug hole. Luckily I was able to remove it. Stahlbus was made out of aluminum, I think, the shit wasn't strong enough, twisted for tight fit than broke....