Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 First oil analysis

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum' started by MnFlyer, Sep 9, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. New recaros

New recaros Member

Read the very top of his analysis, it’s contamination. Different oil won’t help his problem.

2. Raptus

Raptus Member

I agree and was thinking the exact same thing. Are you running an aftermarket CAI

I have been running AMSOIL for decades and have been very happy with the performances of their oil.

3. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

It says that it CAN be those things. That doesn’t mean it is those things. If he doesn’t have an aftermarket air in take, then it is more likely from the seals or something inside the engine. But that is still a low level of silicon, so I wouldn’t be that concerned. Change the oil and test it again. This is why you should change your oil multiple times within the first 10k.

Also, people don’t realize how much oil stays in the oil pan after you drain it. The silicon level could be from old oil. Fast forward the video to 1:15 to see what I am talking about:

Different oil will help his high viscosity level and low TBN number—such things are very important to preserve your engine.

4. MnFlyer

MnFlyer Full Access Member

Bone stock.

I’m guessing the silicon is just left over from the engine breaking in ie seals and what not. All pavement miles so far and I don’t live where it is that dusty, air filter is damn near pristine.

I’ve Mobile one in again, as the analysts took a week or so to come back. I’m gonna change at 3k and go with amsoil and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk