first off roading experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having my raptor for about a month I finally gave in to the urge to let my truck stretch its legs. I messed around for a little while in a grass field (not too many ideal off roading locations in NJ) experimenting with various configuration of the off road mode and traction control settings. While i didn't notice a difference in my limited testing between having off road mode on or off, i had a blast once i turned traction control off. the raptor power slided and did doughnuts as easily as my old 78 Ford did on ice. Due to the short length of the field I wasn't able to get over 30 or 40 mph so that might be why offroad mode didn't seem to matter. I was impressed with the suspension; once i got over 10 mph it felt like i was driving on pavement. I still am looking forward to finding a place to test out hill descent and manual shift mode. And i can't wait for the first time i can get airborne :waytogo:

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice ..... you got to hit the pine barrens in nj ive been there had alot of fun off roading not sure if you are near there ,but its a 2 hr drive for me in ny when i get my truck ill be going there to test her . If you want when im ready we can meet up an run through there.

OP
OP
Jhawk

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, let me know, i'd go with u. its about an hour or an hour or half from me. my dad grew up racing dune buggies down there and i plan on making a couple trips down there later in the summer

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh dame now the 5 month wait is even gonna seem longer. I will be down for the pines when I get my truck. Plenty of space out there to get over 40 Jhawk! :driver:

OP
OP
Jhawk

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either of u guys know of any good places to go to in the pine barrens specifically? I've heard of wharton state park but was wondering if there were any other spots to go to

Upen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken my rap to the pine barrens a couple of times. It is a very very tight fit.