First Moab Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomasfoxworthy

Reaction score
Good choice. The Western Slope beats the Front Range, hands down.

Depends on what you are looking for in life! Denver is not my favorite city by any means (I hail from NYC) but the food has gotten pretty great, as has the nightlife (again, depends on what you are looking for). The music scene in Denver is also fantastic (as a musician and frequent concert goer), along with many other benefits that I enjoy.

I would live in Crested Butte or Aspen in a heartbeat though....

GJ is changing quite a lot which is awesome, and the mountain biking in Fruita is A1!

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm grateful I'm only ~5 hour drive. Definitely gnna make it an annual / bi-annual trip!!

Swing arm city was easiest the coolest stuff I've ever done in the Raptor. If you ever get to Moab, spend a morning or afternoon @ swing arm city and you won't regret it!

Raptors are allowed at Swing Arm City? I looked up Capitol Reef and it looked like only OHV/UTV/ATV's were allowed. Are you allowed on the benonite dirt to open it up full throttle in the trucks?

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Raptors are allowed at Swing Arm City? I looked up Capitol Reef and it looked like only OHV/UTV/ATV's were allowed. Are you allowed on the benonite dirt to open it up full throttle in the trucks?
There are some fantastic trails in and around Capital Reef. The Trail along the Water Pocket Fold leading into the Grand Staircase is Amazing. The Fall Color Change there is a Postcard.