First Impressions nitpicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pure_mitt

Reaction score
I have to add I am not a huge fan of the Headlight output. I feel like they are not as bright as the F150 Platinums.

OP
OP
Titus87

Titus87

Reaction score
20 cent mod
Bold of you to assume I have .10c available after making this purchase

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, not much activity from the headrest speaker.
I put my stereo in Surround mode and adjusted where you wanted the sound centered, then I could hear sound out of the headrest speaker. So it is in there, but not loud. They all work together to make the overall sound better I would assume.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my stereo in Surround mode and adjusted where you wanted the sound centered, then I could hear sound out of the headrest speaker. So it is in there, but not loud. They all work together to make the overall sound better I would assume.
It’s a good thing it isn’t loud. It could create hearing issues. I don’t have mine yet but I’m pretty sure it’s just there to create a surround sound effect.

yourfordgirl

Reaction score
Brought home the Gen3 last night and have a few nitpicky items I've already noticed. Not to say any of these should stop anyone from going Gen3, just a few minor bummers in my opinion.

- Shifter is unnecessarily thick. Just doesn't feel great when putting it in drive.
- The console lid is not spring-loaded. In my 2016 Platinum I could open the lid on an incline and rummage around without it closing. In this Raptor if I'm on any incline I have to hold it open or it shuts on my hand. Already smashed my hand sitting in my driveway.
- Ambient lighting is only light blue. Can't change colors like previous F150s.
- Headrest speakers don't really do anything.
- Wish the box under the rear seat had a door on the sides so I could reach in without lifting up the seat. I've currently got carseats in and it's a pain to have to unhook and remove the whole carseat to grab my hitch or ratch-a-strap.

Everything else is fantastic so far. The ride, the sound, the tech, it's all great.
ON your speakers... do you have the surround sound turned on? from the factory its not turned on.
Make sure you go to settings icon on the bottom right of screen
then sound icon
at the bottom you can change it to surround sound, that makes a difference.... also turn the speed compensated to high

or below your 12in screen to the left you will see the button for tone settings, push it and follow the steps above

OP
OP
Titus87

Titus87

Reaction score
ON your speakers... do you have the surround sound turned on? from the factory its not turned on.
Make sure you go to settings icon on the bottom right of screen
then sound icon
at the bottom you can change it to surround sound, that makes a difference.... also turn the speed compensated to high

or below your 12in screen to the left you will see the button for tone settings, push it and follow the steps above
Yeah, i switched to surround but still dont see a heck of a lot of purpose for the headrest speakers especially with the overhead speakers 6 inches from my ear

Ta2punk

Reaction score
From what I’ve heard and read, you’re not gonna hear much from the headrest speakers unless you change the balance. Supposedly it’s mainly for phone calls and hands free stuff not really for blasting music. I think they’re kinda gimmicky.