First Impressions nitpicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titus87

Reaction score
Brought home the Gen3 last night and have a few nitpicky items I've already noticed. Not to say any of these should stop anyone from going Gen3, just a few minor bummers in my opinion.

- Shifter is unnecessarily thick. Just doesn't feel great when putting it in drive.
- The console lid is not spring-loaded. In my 2016 Platinum I could open the lid on an incline and rummage around without it closing. In this Raptor if I'm on any incline I have to hold it open or it shuts on my hand. Already smashed my hand sitting in my driveway.
- Ambient lighting is only light blue. Can't change colors like previous F150s.
- Headrest speakers don't really do anything.
- Wish the box under the rear seat had a door on the sides so I could reach in without lifting up the seat. I've currently got carseats in and it's a pain to have to unhook and remove the whole carseat to grab my hitch or ratch-a-strap.

Everything else is fantastic so far. The ride, the sound, the tech, it's all great.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the ambient lighting in my '17 Lariat had configurable colors, but it seems they did away with that on my '19 Raptor. I quickly got over it though.

It seems like Ford is going the wrong direction with features like this. Hell, Platinum F250s used to have cupholder lighting, but IIRC the new ones no longer have it.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the lack of color choice (I could never decide which to go with and often went light blue or green)

I agree about the storage, I have 3 kids and with car seats in never use the storage

I did test drive an 801a and stereo sounded good but I could not notice the headrest speakers either

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the ambient lighting in my '17 Lariat had configurable colors, but it seems they did away with that on my '19 Raptor. I quickly got over it though.

I think 17' was the last year.

I actually like the lack of color choice (I could never decide which to go with and often went light blue or green)

I like that I can leave mine red and not be stuck with ice blue, since a lot of my other interior colors are red.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The center console thing drives me nuts.
20 cent mod

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 cent mod
Ha, $0.10 fix!