First Gen Not Turning Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacobp

Reaction score
Today I replaced the spark plugs and wires on my first gen. After getting everything put back together, the truck fired right up but idled slightly rough. I remembered I forgot to plug back in the MAF senor. Hoping this would solve the problem, I tried to start the truck again, but it would not turn over. All the fuses and relays are in good shape. The starter solenoid is clicking but the starter motor is not running. What could this be?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely check your battery connection. If either terminal is loose or has corrosion present, that is enough to cause a significant voltage drop between the battery post and terminal.

OP
OP
jacobp

jacobp

Reaction score
Definitely check your battery connection. If either terminal is loose or has corrosion present, that is enough to cause a significant voltage drop between the battery post and terminal.
Figured it out and this is exactly what it was. The starter ground that connects to the battery had become loose from removing the negative terminal while working on the truck. Tightened this connection and it fired right up