First Ford Vehicle - New Raptor owner in Ga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my first Raptor Monday afternoon, in fact, my first Ford vehicle ever. It’s was a dealer stock 2023 Raptor w/ pano and tailgate appliqué being the only options. ADM was $4,300, but I got them down to $1000 and to throw in a spray-in bed liner…net ~$500 ADM

I’ve never been brand loyal, or a fanboy of any type. I just get what I like and what has my attention. Raptors have always been on the short list, but never pulled the trigger.

My past trucks going back to 2006 were:
2006 GMC Sierra
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5
2017 Toyota Tundra Limited
2021 Ram 1500 Limited

I’ve enjoyed them all, but I tend to get bored and then my eyes start looking, God bless my wife for her understanding and support. Most recently with the Ram, I knew the only two trucks I would consider trading it in for were a TRX or a Raptor. I’m not a fan of buying used, and the market for new TRXs and Raptors are tough to get into. But, sure enough, my local Ford dealer had 2 Raptors show up. An AMB 37” package and a OW 35” 801A, asking prices $98K and $86K respectively. Truth be told, having never owned a Raptor, or Ford for that matter, the 37PP seemed like a steep cliff to step off as a ”newbie”, so OW 35” it was.

My wife was in the Bahamas on a girls trip, so I texted her Monday morning and said “think I might try to make a deal on a Raptor.” I got no response for hours (spotty reception and out doing fun stuff). She finally texted back and said “so, did you get a new truck?” To which I responded ”not yet, going after work in a few minutes”. Naturally, I went and bought the truck and sent her a simple text “got it” and her response was “will it fit in garage?” and I said “sure it will” (secretly wondering myself).

Drove it home, and pulling into the garage I hear a noise. Uh-oh I think to myself as my stomach sinks. Thankfully, at the same time, I notice the whip antenna moving, and proceed to pull in. Within 10 minutes of being home, I was on Amazon ordering a stubby. Window tint scheduled for Thursday, and I’m looking through the wheel thread gaining knowledge of appropriate sizing and offsets for this truck.

So, that’s my long-winded into. Of all the trucks I’ve had in the past, the Raptor has the largest following and, as a result, the most knowledge filled forums. I look forward to learning from you guys.

Obligatory pics (or it didn’t happen). This is all I have so far:

AD74A914-6D42-4114-977F-625BC8A065E3.jpeg

And when I got home, took and send this to wife as “proof” haha

05EC389A-5F4A-4550-A760-7465BEE34D9A.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Obligatory pics (or it didn’t happen)
At FRF, it’s not just that it didn’t happen, it’s pics or presumed prius owner.

I think you’re going to find that the Rap and pretty much anything brand-b are somewhat mutually exclusive. both will exhibit weird electronic behavior until the other is gone.

Don’t forget to sign up for Raptor Assault, it’s well worth it.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and happy new Raptor day!

As far as weels, go with a zero offset. Gives you options in case you start modifying the suspension. 17s are the standard to give more sidewall cushion during offroad adventures. Some will not like it, but 20s are ok. Go with what you like. Anything over a 20 and you will be removed back to a Dodge forum.