First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree it's easyer to keep clean then let it go but don't think I'd take the time at an event. A quarter spray job is easy and fast if it's handy and if you have it adamized the crud washes right off.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been know to clean my truck just before a rain or snow storm. If the temps are below freezing I go to a laser touch less wash or quarter power sprayer.

I went to the car quarter wash 3 time at Snoball ask anyonne from Alpha group. I think I am influencing other at the run I saw a lot of other clean trucks each morning!

Setting the clean-truck standard at runs...excellent work!!!

I agree it's easyer to keep clean then let it go but don't think I'd take the time at an event. A quarter spray job is easy and fast if it's handy and if you have it adamized the crud washes right off.

Yessir! Having the exterior protected does make cleanup much easier.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my friend decided they would do me a solid for letting them borrow my brand new raptor. They ran it through a car wash and it was NOT touch-free.

My paint has tons of swirl marks in it now and I was looking for advice on what products I NEED to buy versus the nice to haves.

This is a two week old 2017 raptor in shadow black and I was hoping that the liquid paint sealant kit was all I needed to remove the swirls, then obviously apply wax on top of that.

I cannot fault my friend for it since she thought she was doing me a favor, but seeing the microscratches and swirls every time I look at my truck is just killing me.

Attachments

• File_001.jpg
    File_001.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 46
  • File_003.jpg
    File_003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 49
  • File_004.jpg
    File_004.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 42
  • File_005.jpg
    File_005.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my friend decided they would do me a solid for letting them borrow my brand new raptor. They ran it through a car wash and it was NOT touch-free.

My paint has tons of swirl marks in it now and I was looking for advice on what products I NEED to buy versus the nice to haves.

This is a two week old 2017 raptor in shadow black and I was hoping that the liquid paint sealant kit was all I needed to remove the swirls, then obviously apply wax on top of that.

I cannot fault my friend for it since she thought she was doing me a favor, but seeing the microscratches and swirls every time I look at my truck is just killing me.

All of that came from one trip through the car wash, or did the dealer install some of the swirls?

Unfortunately, Paint Sealant will not remove any scratches, nor will any wax. Some of these products from other brands might contain fillers, like the Brilliant Glaze does, but these will only temporarily lessen the appearance of the swirls, they will not remove them.

You could try hand polishing with Revive and a Blue foam applicator, but this will only address the very fine ones, and will not remove them all. To correct the damage to the clear coat, it will require machine polishing.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of that came from one trip through the car wash, or did the dealer install some of the swirls?

Unfortunately, Paint Sealant will not remove any scratches, nor will any wax. Some of these products from other brands might contain fillers, like the Brilliant Glaze does, but these will only temporarily lessen the appearance of the swirls, they will not remove them.

You could try hand polishing with Revive and a Blue foam applicator, but this will only address the very fine ones, and will not remove them all. To correct the damage to the clear coat, it will require machine polishing.

Dealer installed some of them. I asked them nicely to not touch the truck, but someone came in and tried to buy the truck over my head (aka 10K over sticker) and they prepped it for him when I walked away from the deal.

I've been staring at the Adam's stuff for a few days since I noticed the swirls and I'm probably going to pull the trigger and buy an orbital buffer with all of the necessary chemicals, pads, and follow-up items.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dealer installed some of them. I asked them nicely to not touch the truck, but someone came in and tried to buy the truck over my head (aka 10K over sticker) and they prepped it for him when I walked away from the deal.

I've been staring at the Adam's stuff for a few days since I noticed the swirls and I'm probably going to pull the trigger and buy an orbital buffer with all of the necessary chemicals, pads, and follow-up items.

A dual-action polisher or two will make quick work removing those swirls.

The Swirl Killer 15mm LT Polisher uses a 5.5" pad, and is easy to use, runs very smooth. Tighter areas like the pillars between the windows are better addressed with a 4" pad on the Swirl Killer MINI 12mm LT Polisher.

The Swirl Killer 15mm & 12mm Combo can be bought with a 15% off discount code for $306, a great deal for two machines.

For pads and polishes, check out the different polishing kits. It saves money to find the right kits for all the products (washing, tires, interior, polishing), since the kit prices are discounted, then you can use a sales code for another 15% off discount.

And yes, that is a lot of links, but if I don't link all the products, then they end up as ads. If you need any help at all, just let me know.

-Dan