Fire Extinguishers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the price (good one). I assume this thing like all the others, needs to be serviced/inspected/certified every year, right?
Hmmmm, I would imagine so.
But I'm not going to worry about that.:shock1:
I'll just dust it off every so often. (serviced)
Then look at the gauge to see if it's still at full pressure. (inspected)
Then give it my nod of approval, and say it's good to go. (certified):thumbsup:
:mrgreen:

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post. I was researching this with several companies, but got no response. Your idea looks simple and economical!

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The 5 lb. extinguisher will fit in the same spot but it will protrude out from under the rear seat just a tad, more so the nozzle then the cylinder.
If I was to do it over again, I would of gotten the 5 lb. extinguisher, of course it cost a bit more then the 2.5 extinguisher.
http://www.abcfire.com/catalog.asp?prodid=609070&showprevnext=1

Thanks for the info. I am doing a group buy with some of my co-workers directly from Amerex. When you buy 4, the 2.5lb is $75ish shipped and the 5 lb is $125ish shipped.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kaiser any chance those prices are still good? I'd like to pick up a 5lb'er.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And we had Halon in the Navy... but they were dangerous because the work by displacing the air... ALL the air. Little tuff to breathe vacuum. Do these Halon's have the same issues?

Just a bundle of questions!

Falcon
The Navy system is a flooding system and we pumped a ridiculous amount of Halon into a very small space. The Navy is doing away with the Halon system and going to HFP systems. Car system a similar but different because it's not going into a confined space it doesn't have the same effect as the system on the boat. So instead of dying you'll have a really nasty cough for a few days.
Monthly for us...

ask me how I know...
LOL when my job got changed and I went to an Engineering MOS but of our daily routine was to check all of our Fire systems in the Main Spaces everyday. Fire bottle, SCBAs, AFFF hoses, and other stuff. When I worked for KBR we had to check our Fire Bottles every month.
(2) they do need to be checked and recharged which is an issue most sales locations don't address (maybe it's time to check out the local fire extinguisher companies).
Any Fire House can do it or next time your in the mall or someplace public look and see who does their stuff.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Kaiser any chance those prices are still good? I'd like to pick up a 5lb'er.

Probably. The best prices work out when you buy 4 or more (due to hazardous shipping). That is how I was able to get the price down. Check their website. It is somewhere in this thread.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would never use a dry chemical on a car. When I was in the Navy we had this stuff called Purple K Powder and it would wreck wiring with the quickness. I would carry either CO2 or if its available to civilians AFFF.

AFFF? Aqueous Foam?