Fire Extinguisher Interior Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let it burn its just for looks no way you could stop a field fire with out thousands of gallons of water.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Good question Hock, if the FE was mounted on the door where I originally wanted it, I would think the plastic may be to thin.

The backing plate, opposed to a large fender washer, spreads the load out evenly over the arm rest. I feel like I could do chin up on there.

Also, the door panel is held to the door surprisingly well, even though our exterior body panel looks flimsy when you shut the door.

Agreed, center of truck, behind the center console allows access from any where in the truck, even while you are in the driver seat. But my thing was accessibility when the truck had cargo in it. Which I tend to do quite often.

Joe

Thanks for the awesome write-up buddy!
Here is mine finished up and installed.
nudujy2a.jpg
anamazyv.jpg
ujy3yna4.jpg
2umuneny.jpg
upeba3an.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this post is old but thank you for sharing. This is the route I'm taking with mine based on your post.

Here is what I did.
Very quick and easy.
This is a standard auto fire extinguisher that comes with a plastic bracket that it snaps in and out of and it is secured with quick release strap.

In this location, the whole thing is nicely wedged in to place, basically resting on the floor. I didn't want to drill to the floor, so I used the lower part of the console just above the floor to mount it. I marked the hole locations after finding a nice snug fit.
I took apart the back of the console (easy) and drilled two holes for the bracket.
The console plastic is nice and strong, but I still used a piece of aluminum plate on the inside to reinforce the mounting location. I curved it slightly for a nice tight fit.

The extinguisher is wedged in, so there are no forces that could rip it out even under the most extreme conditions. It doesn't move or rattle. It is easily accessible from every seat and yet, it is out of the way, tucked away in a spot that looks like it was meant for it ;).

One more thing I want to add is an industrial velcro strap in addition to the plastic quick release strap.

Sorry, no pics of the install process, but it really is quite simple.

i-8jPjdVk-X3.jpg

i-88fHXfq-X3.jpg

i-DFgWDhG-X3.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know this post is old but thank you for sharing. This is the route I'm taking with mine based on your post.

Z - I really like this mounting location as well. I'd like to know how well it holds up to off-roading in this location as well. Hopefully the OP can chime in for us.

Does anyone know about any side impact/air bag issues with the door mount?

eugeneorange

Reaction score
Z - I really like this mounting location as well. I'd like to know how well it holds up to off-roading in this location as well. Hopefully the OP can chime in for us.

Does anyone know about any side impact/air bag issues with the door mount?

OP here.
I haven't done any 90' jumps with it yet, but this thing is solid. I've tossed it through some whoops and pretty jarring stuff at a good clip... nothing. I forget it's there. Frankly, I can't imagine what type of force would make this thing move or rip from its mount. Mainly because it's not 'hanging' from anything — it's 'wedged' in and locked in place.

I did add a velcro strip (over the plastic strap), just to prevent occasional rear seat passenger from unlatching the strap tab by stepping on it (it does take some pressure). But even with the strap open, the canister is held in by the neck and needs to be snapped out by pulling on it.

Everybody thinks the truck came with it like that ;)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: