Financing Gen3 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your question “why can’t I get financing through Ford Motor Credit”? Idk why but Ford financing deals never will apply to a Raptor. You will always have to get financing elsewhere. But like others have said you get better rates other places anyway.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a quote from my local credit union and Ford beat it, but not with Ford Credit, they found me a better deal with Wells Fargo.

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since MY2022 orders are getting scheduled, I would like to find out about financing options. Looks like Raptors don't qualify for Ford Credit deals.
Any insights into this would be very helpful ... I am thinking at least MY2021 owners must have financed their purchases. Thanks in advance.
I think you needed to pay in cash unless you arranged for some local bank

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If You Can Swing It, Cash is King !!

Not really. Sub 2% is basically free money. You can lay out the 80k in cash or put in a low yield fund and make the 2+ percent back on your cash. Make your money make money while driving the car you want. Win Win. With that being said, I paid off my21 G3 in cash.

Local CU was asking 2.5%
Borrowing off my investments account was 1.8%

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. Sub 2% is basically free money. You can lay out the 80k in cash or put in a low yield fund and make the 2+ percent back on your cash. Make your money make money while driving the car you want. Win Win. With that being said, I paid off my21 G3 in cash.

Local CU was asking 2.5%
Borrowing off my investments account was 1.8%
You are totally 100% correct. But since I just retired last year when I got mine. I just couldn't stomach the thought of paying $1200.00 a month for the next 5 years. That's why I said, IF YOU CAN SWING IT !!!

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are totally 100% correct. But since I just retired last year when I got mine. I just couldn't stomach the thought of paying $1200.00 a month for the next 5 years. That's why I said, IF YOU CAN SWING IT !!!
Totally! Good for you and congrats on your retirement. With the calendar year winding down and the tax man lurking for any additional income to steal from me, I paid it in full. Better to give it to ford then sleepy joe and his pals

jguerra004

Reaction score
Just flat out crazy to finance for 72 or 84 months. It’s a vehicle not a house! If you need to finance for that amount of time you can’t afford it.