Financing a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have such out standing (sic) credit, shop around and get 1.75%, that is cheap money. Then beat that rate on your investments and make money. Cash...lol it's a wonder how you have any money to spend with no money sense. #teamfyt

how? I thought that rate was high.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have such out standing (sic) credit, shop around and get 1.75%, that is cheap money. Then beat that rate on your investments and make money. Cash...lol it's a wonder how you have any money to spend with no money sense. #teamfyt

Part of the reason cars are so expensive because folks don't look at the cost, but can they afford the monthly payment...

Hey Bird...why don't folks just go get lines of Credit on their house at 2-3% factor in the tax deduction and you are somewhere around 1-2% net? And think of all that money you can make in the market to offset your investment expense. Better yet take a margin loan on your investment account and use the proceeds to buy a Raptor, you can offset the margin interest expense against your dividend income..how about borrow from your Retirement Plan and by a Raptor and pay the loan back....as an added bonus the interest paid will go toward yourself nothing like paying yourself tax deferred interest, although I am sure their will be a slight admin fee

The a above are obviously not good ideas!

If you can't afford it don't buy it...now if a dealer or bank wants to lend me 0% for a term I would consider that route...

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my wife's Outback, Subaru offered 0.9% for 4 years. The total finance cost was $660. I'm willing to pay that much to be able to do other stuff with my cash right now (like the ADD bumpers I just ordered).

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my wife's Outback, Subaru offered 0.9% for 4 years. The total finance cost was $660. I'm willing to pay that much to be able to do other stuff with my cash right now (like the ADD bumpers I just ordered).

You mean like pay taxes!

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the reason cars are so expensive because folks don't look at the cost, but can they afford the monthly payment...

Hey Bird...why don't folks just go get lines of Credit on their house at 2-3% factor in the tax deduction and you are somewhere around 1-2% net? And think of all that money you can make in the market to offset your investment expense. Better yet take a margin loan on your investment account and use the proceeds to buy a Raptor, you can offset the margin interest expense against your dividend income..how about borrow from your Retirement Plan and by a Raptor and pay the loan back....as an added bonus the interest paid will go toward yourself nothing like paying yourself tax deferred interest, although I am sure their will be a slight admin fee

The a above are obviously not good ideas!

If you can't afford it don't buy it...now if a dealer or bank wants to lend me 0% for a term I would consider that route...

Ding ding ding ........we have a winner!

D

Deleted member 12951

you can't deduct a Raptor because it is not considered a work truck it is considered an off road toy. although I got mine for work I still can't deduct any thing on the buying end tax I'm not sure.

Know this thread is old. But why can't you deduct a raptor as a work truck? I will be. The government doesn't get that far up in your business to tell you what kind of vehicle you need for your own business. Its an F-150 on paper. I run a computer business and need to drive to and from clients and occasionally haul boxes, I am writing this truck off, you betcha.

Sent using Tapatalk