Financing a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

velacio

Reaction score
Finance Question

Good evenin everyone. Had a quick question regarding my vehicle financing method. I will be putting 20-25k cash down. For the remainder amount I got pre approved for the rest with a credit union at a good rate. All I received was a letter stating the approval and the sum.

When I go to pick up the vehicle do I go in there with the cash and just that pre approval letter? or is there some step I am missing here? The loan officer stated I just take the note along with me and I should be good to go? Have never done the pre approval process with a credit union so somewhat new at it.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
what you should do is get 2 checks from the bank. 1 for the financed amount, and 1 for the cash in the form of a cashiers check. don't think you want to go strolling in to the dealership with 25k on your person. take those 2 checks to the dealership and they give you a Raptor. it's a sweet deal :)

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like Bird said. I had a check for the down, my trade and a letter with a number to call for the dealer to hammer the loan. The dealer looked at the letter and the low interest amt. and said he would match it so I went with them.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Screw that, i walked in with $15k in twenties and made them count it in front of me. Lol
They weren't too happy but that's what they get for ******** up my order.:flipthebird:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evenin everyone. Had a quick question regarding my vehicle financing method. I will be putting 20-25k cash down. For the remainder amount I got pre approved for the rest with a credit union at a good rate. All I received was a letter stating the approval and the sum.

When I go to pick up the vehicle do I go in there with the cash and just that pre approval letter? or is there some step I am missing here? The loan officer stated I just take the note along with me and I should be good to go? Have never done the pre approval process with a credit union so somewhat new at it.

When ever you use more than 10k cash they must involve the government in the transaction. They need to know that the money isnt coming from drugs... Since mostly people involved with drugs use all cash... I try to do it all the time just to make more work for them all...

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Heres my down you bastards
5057658875_46f251667f.jpg

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25k down I will set the finance terms within reason of course. i put 15k down and got 2.9 for 60 not bad i was pretty happy with that. goal 550 payment mine is 552

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some great threads here about pricing, but I haven't seen any yet on what offer people are getting for financing (assuming some of you need it like me :) )

Is Ford offering any of the financing deals they do on the other F150's?

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No financing deals on SVT vehicles that I know of. Your best rate will likely be with a bank or credit union pending your credit score. Good deals for our Service members as well.