Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up a Raptor. It's been a dream of mine for a while, and the dream has finally come true.

2011 6.2L, SCREW, 191K on the dash.

Work completed since I got it home - Changed all the fluids, plugs, O2 sensors, Fuse 27, UCA's, wheel bearings, amber lights in the grill, shorty antenna, wireless cell phone charger in the console.

Sitting in the garage - New front Fox Shocks, shock top mounts, Geiser springs, Moog lower ball joints, Roush exhaust, BBK Throttle body, BBK CAI.

Near future - Deaver rear springs, rear Fox Shocks (nobody has these in stock), 4-wheel pads/rotors/calipers, wheels/tires, replace hood decal.

I've been lurking on the site for about a month and I really like the energy and the overall helping attitude of the forum members. Glad to be a part of this community!
Nice!! You'll love the Geisers especially on new shocks. I really need to replace my hood decal, I'm at 192k and have done most of what you have as well heh. There's a Kansas City in Kansas too? Makes sense but I thought it was in Missouri and they had really good steaks :D

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice!! You'll love the Geisers especially on new shocks. I really need to replace my hood decal, I'm at 192k and have done most of what you have as well heh. There's a Kansas City in Kansas too? Makes sense but I thought it was in Missouri and they had really good steaks :D
Are your Geisers on the mid perch? What's the front feel like on speedbumps, expansion joints, and potholes? Are you on the oem-style tires or something heavier that might make it even more harsh? Thx.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom perch (I was at mid with stock springs), soaks up little stuff like nothin' and chuckholes with finesse, and no brake dive like stock springs on low perch. Yes KO2's but load range E on stock (right now non-beadlock) wheels. Chances are if little things like expansion joints are noticeable those lower balljoints will cure it (or at least most of it haha!), but a side note I tried Moog and didn't like them, went back to Motorcraft and much better (the Moogs were ok for about 10k miles then started making noise, I'd grease them and they'd be ok for a week and start up again), but that was just my experience hopefully yours will be better! You might check the UCA's too, they are relatively cheap for OEM and easy to swap when you have the shocks off (just another point of potential wear/noise). Oh and SPC alignment cams, I always recommend those things, the stock alignment slot on the LCA pivot is crap especially if the alignment shop doesn't torque those bolts to spec. Do you have or have access to a torque wrench for the bottom shock bolts? 406ft-lbs. Be sure to post some pics when you get things done!!

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Looks like you're off to a good start.

I have geiser springs at bottom perch on mine and the ride is great. Truck is almost level.

OP
OP
KansasCityRaptor
Reaction score

George Dyck

Reaction score
Those are nice! I didn't think that the Morimotos had sequential turn signals. I've been doing a lot of research, and I'll probably be going with the AlphaRex Novas.

The Nova headlights LED white band around the headlight is too wide for my taste. That’s the first thing you see when you look at them. The Morimotos almost look like they are factory stock. They do have sequential signal lights by the way.