Finally upgraded to Gen3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Slightly better B&O sound, new car smell and exhaust note!

Getting closer....

Wireless Carplay
Actual weather temperature readings on the infotainment screen whether using carplay or not. Temp also shows on the gauge screen
Ability to turn off heated steering wheel without using the infotainment screen
More Fordpass features
AC outlet in the bed
Adaptive headlights
Smoother shifting (Especially in sport mode)
More power. Not advertised, but definitely feels that way
Front parking sensors / more exterior camera views
Higher payload capacity
Damper adjustment on steering wheel
USB C outlets
Fold down shifter with flat workspace
Nifty second glovebox above the normal glovebox (daughter likes to make a snack pantry out of it)
Factory fog/driving lights (Admittedly not the brightest, but still come standard)
Last but not least, as you approach your Gen3, it turns on all kinds of lights to welcome you....if you choose to turn on that option.

I'm probably leaving some things out, and none of these things may be important to you, but there are quite a few differences between the two. I still think I like the look of the front of the Gen2 more....for now.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Getting closer....

Wireless Carplay
Actual weather temperature readings on the infotainment screen whether using carplay or not. Temp also shows on the gauge screen
Ability to turn off heated steering wheel without using the infotainment screen
More Fordpass features
AC outlet in the bed
Adaptive headlights
Smoother shifting (Especially in sport mode)
More power. Not advertised, but definitely feels that way
Front parking sensors / more exterior camera views
Higher payload capacity
Damper adjustment on steering wheel
USB C outlets
Fold down shifter with flat workspace
Nifty second glovebox above the normal glovebox (daughter likes to make a snack pantry out of it)
Factory fog/driving lights (Admittedly not the brightest, but still come standard)
Last but not least, as you approach your Gen3, it turns on all kinds of lights to welcome you....if you choose to turn on that option.

I'm probably leaving some things out, and none of these things may be important to you, but there are quite a few differences between the two. I still think I like the look of the front of the Gen2 more....for now.
That's a good list.

I would add that the brakes are much much improved.

My opinion the B&O sound is waaay better now. I drove my '18 the other day for the first time in a while. It's a wide margin.

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good list.

I would add that the brakes are much much improved.

My opinion the B&O sound is waaay better now. I drove my '18 the other day for the first time in a while. It's a wide margin.
I am getting used to the new B&O unleashed but as with the old system I can’t hear the sub at all, I put my hand on the sun and it’s doing something but it’s not noticeable.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I am getting used to the new B&O unleashed but as with the old system I can’t hear the sub at all, I put my hand on the sun and it’s doing something but it’s not noticeable.
Mine shakes the outside mirrors at half volume. I haven't really gone much above half volume, when running on 30 before was not uncommon. Maybe my 18 was just jacked up or something.