Finally securing a 37pp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor buyers seem fall into 2 categories;

-Patient buyers with custom orders who are willing to wait at MSRP (me)
-“Must have it now” buyers who keep the 3rd Gen Raptor ADM train rolling

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor buyers seem fall into 2 categories;

-Patient buyers with custom orders who are willing to wait at MSRP (me)
-“Must have it now” buyers who keep the 3rd Gen Raptor ADM train rolling

I would actually add a third category to your list I bet 95% of raptor buyers fall into:

-Patient buyers with custom orders who are willing to wait and pay ADM

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 Raptor will be the 1st vehicle I ever paid MSRP for. 2-3 years ago I could find a Raptor at invoice. Those days will come back eventually.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 Raptor will be the 1st vehicle I ever paid MSRP for. 2-3 years ago I could find a Raptor at invoice. Those days will come back eventually.

It may go back to invoice pricing. That invoice price will be at least 5k-8k higher due increased costs

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think full lots are ever coming back to the extended they were. Manufactures have been struggling with it. more inventory on lots mean more incentives to move them. which mean less profits. I have heard from a few people in the industry not sure how true it is but it makes sense. The orders going forward are going to be more customer orders and less dealer ordering. I think its a way to control how many vehicles are flooding the market keeping prices down. Manufactures want more profit and if sales are to customers who want something rather than being told they want something because of an incentive it'll have that effect.

I guess time will tell how this all shakes out.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think full lots are ever coming back to the extended they were. Manufactures have been struggling with it. more inventory on lots mean more incentives to move them. which mean less profits. I have heard from a few people in the industry not sure how true it is but it makes sense. The orders going forward are going to be more customer orders and less dealer ordering. I think its a way to control how many vehicles are flooding the market keeping prices down. Manufactures want more profit and if sales are to customers who want something rather than being told they want something because of an incentive it'll have that effect.

I guess time will tell how this all shakes out.
I’ll say it now that we’ll see full lots again. I’m sure many of these rumours are from people who work at dealerships trying scare people into buying now.
Volume equals more jobs and profits not just for the manufacturer but for everyone and everything involved in building the vehicle. The higher the volume on parts the lower the cost to build it.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll say it now that we’ll see full lots again. I’m sure many of these rumours are from people who work at dealerships trying scare people into buying now.
Volume equals more jobs and profits not just for the manufacturer but for everyone and everything involved in building the vehicle. The higher the volume on parts the lower the cost to build it.

Pre-shortage/Pre-COVID levels of new Ford vehicles looks bleak. Ford wants direct to consumer purchasing but they have years of legality issues to work through depending on state

Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc have an extremely high probability of going bankrupt because of over-inflated purchasing. Independent used car dealers have dropped like flys because those companies are outbidding everyone on the majority of inventory at auctions.

I don't work for a dealership and I am not attempting to scare anyone but when this recession hits; it wont be solely based on the housing market but virtually all businesses that have floor plans & tradelines that currently have tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory with negative equity because they bought at the over-inflated value.

Positive note: Stocks, houses and vehicles will all be on sale!