Finally looked at TRX up close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor429

Reaction score
Sorry I misspoke, I considered my 6.2L 2013 to be a gen 2 when they phased the 5.4 out and the Ecoboost to be a gen 3.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t posted since last winter when my big turbo build ended in a spun rod bearing. A new long block later and we parted ways as I wasn’t about to start over.

TRX, Raptor. Doesn’t matter. At the end of the day… a cool truck is a cool truck and what counts the most is how you enjoy them. You’ll have fans of both platforms and you’ll also have pros and cons to both. The competition will only drive brands to higher quality. The writing is on the wall anyway…. In 10-15 years it will be all electric, all the time. Enjoy the carbon eaters while you can.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I know. But the Raptor is a little deficient in the power dept to begin with.
Audi still has a long way to go to compete with AMG and M cars. That’s just my opinion.
“The raptor is deficient in the power dept”…..umm tell me bud, UNTIL the TRX came out, what other 1/2 ton was more powerful than a Raptor? The answer is none. There was never a 4wd 1/2 ton production truck more powerful ever produced. Period. None.
450hp/510tq is “deficient”- in a way that really says something in terms of where we’ve come
In vehicle tech/performance lol

such a ridiculous statement

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“The raptor is deficient in the power dept”…..umm tell me bud, UNTIL the TRX came out, what other 1/2 ton was more powerful than a Raptor? The answer is none. There was never a 4wd 1/2 ton production truck more powerful ever produced. Period. None.
450hp/510tq is “deficient”- in a way that really says something in terms of where we’ve come

You just don't get it. The length of your favorite body part* is measured in horsepower.

*Changed to circumlocution because I was afraid that the common nickname for Richard was on the no-fly list.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’m not saying the Gen 2 was lacking in power, but Ford made the Gen 3 knowing that RAM had a 707hp TRX on the way.

That’s where “deficient” comes into the conversation. Add to the fact that an all new Gen kept the same exact 450hp/510tq as the truck from 2017 and it doesn’t make the same impression that it once did.

Besides, now that we’ve all gotten used to the 450/510 power numbers, is it really surprising to ask for more when we’re spending $80k+ on a newer version of our trucks?

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Raptor build have been pushed about 5 weeks and I gave up my Power Wagon a couple weeks ago. I have the chance to pick up a TRX for MSRP and it's on the lot. Haven't driven either truck as I've owned 3 power wagons the past 4 years...

Raptor has more features but hard to pass up the extra horses. The TRX is 5000 more plus I would lose out on the tax savings from my trade in which comes out to another 4000.

Not sure the TRX is worth the 9000 difference

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my Raptor build have been pushed about 5 weeks and I gave up my Power Wagon a couple weeks ago. I have the chance to pick up a TRX for MSRP and it's on the lot. Haven't driven either truck as I've owned 3 power wagons the past 4 years...

Raptor has more features but hard to pass up the extra horses. The TRX is 5000 more plus I would lose out on the tax savings from my trade in which comes out to another 4000.

Not sure the TRX is worth the 9000 difference
To quote Danny DeVito's character in Ruthless People, f uckin' finance it!

Status
Not open for further replies.