Finally looked at TRX up close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into a guy with a TRX in a parking lot the other day and ended up taking to him for a bit while checking the truck out. It was nice, but I also said the same thing about the RAM Rebel when I first saw one.
Lots of nice things out there that I’m not at all tempted to buy. That’s all I can say about the TRX.
Maybe I could be convinced when I mash the pedal down when driving it…

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I ran into a guy with a TRX in a parking lot the other day and ended up taking to him for a bit while checking the truck out. It was nice, but I also said the same thing about the RAM Rebel when I first saw one.
Lots of nice things out there that I’m not at all tempted to buy. That’s all I can say about the TRX.
Maybe I could be convinced when I mash the pedal down when driving it…
I still can’t tell the difference between the rebel and TRX.

Pinned

Reaction score
I still can’t tell the difference between the rebel and TRX.
I think the Rebel looks pretty good! I also think the new F-150 Tremor is gonna be a good looking truck too.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't and never will buy anything FCA as I have no faith in that brand. The TRX a fast truck, but that's it. If I want to go fast I'd buy something else not a fat **** of a truck.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a Gen 2 & Gen 3 raptor. Both spent a significant amount of time off road. I was going to hold out for the Raptor R, but with the issues that Ford is having even achieving 650 hp reliably I decided to buy a TRX.

In the short amount of time I have owned it I have taken it to several of my favorite off road spots and did some trail driving last week. Beats the braids off of my raptors honestly.

It is large, heavy and does have it's downfalls, but overall is a much more enjoyable and fun truck.

I will likely buy another gen 3 raptor in the future to do a full build on and am still very eager to see what happens with the Raptor R. I have a great relationship with my dealer and will likely purchase one if it seems right.

* this is coming from someone who unapologetically loves his raptors and beat the living **** out of them for about 80k miles in total.
i wasn’t aware anyone owned a Gen 3 already.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wasn’t aware anyone owned a Gen 3 already.
Not only did he own a Gen 3, he spent significant time taking it off road and then had time to trade it for a TRX and then spend significant time taking it off road. Very impressive!! Dude must have awesome time management skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.