FINALLY joined the fraternity!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Little spots of rust on top of care, was thinking of the POR15 epoxy putty for that, and then paint over it with touchup paint.
My understanding was that i could knock off the loose existing rust underneath and the woolwax would permeate what remains and keep from rusting further. Is this not the case? Would appreciate your feedback. The truck was on the Gulf Coast so had been exposed to many years of salt air and no telling what else.

As long as it wasn't exposed to @Oldfart, you should be fine.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Little spots of rust on top of care, was thinking of the POR15 epoxy putty for that, and then paint over it with touchup paint.
My understanding was that i could knock off the loose existing rust underneath and the woolwax would permeate what remains and keep from rusting further. Is this not the case? Would appreciate your feedback. The truck was on the Gulf Coast so had been exposed to many years of salt air and no telling what else.
As far as the rust underneath I would do like you said, knock off/wire wheels off all old rust,BUT I WOULD apply por15 or chassis saver epoxy sealant so that the metal is permanently sealed. THEN apply the wool wax or fluid film to KEEP rust from forming next time