Finally: iOS 12 bringing native Waze integration to Apple CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#METOO

I just upgrade my iPhone and now Waze isn't displaying the map on my iPhone, it is displaying on the MFD (Truck screen) I definitely do NOT want that!. I'll try removing Waze from car play via Settings/General/Carplay/Sync 3 menu on my iPhone. Hope that works as I want the other carplay apps (Messages and Phone) as they work well.

Removing Waze from CarPlay /sync3 menu did nothing. Grrr. Had to turn off CarPlay for now.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this happening when you plug in your phone vis usb cable or on Bluetooth? Mine will not display unless I plug into the front compartment usb.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is this happening when you plug in your phone vis usb cable or on Bluetooth? Mine will not display unless I plug into the front compartment usb.
that’s a CarPlay requirement.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that’s a CarPlay requirement.
I will bderstand that but people are complaining they want to use Waze without it displaying on the truck display. In which case my point was that you can play music and voice prompts through Bluetooth, have Waze display on the phone, and still use the truck display for changing music, etc.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will bderstand that but people are complaining they want to use Waze without it displaying on the truck display. In which case my point was that you can play music and voice prompts through Bluetooth, have Waze display on the phone, and still use the truck display for changing music, etc.

What we want is what we had. Waze running on iPhone. Cable plugged into car (for charging and carplay). This allows us to use carplay for the phone and messages which is a great benefit. With this update to ios or Waze, now if you plug in the cable waze is moved to the main raptor screen. If for some reason someone likes waze running on the truck display, there should be a switch or option for that. Turn on or Turn off.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What we want is what we had. Waze running on iPhone. Cable plugged into car (for charging and carplay). This allows us to use carplay for the phone and messages which is a great benefit. With this update to ios or Waze, now if you plug in the cable waze is moved to the main raptor screen. If for some reason someone likes waze running on the truck display, there should be a switch or option for that. Turn on or Turn off.
This. x eleventybillion

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford and after 5 minutes or so was able to talk to a SYNC representative. I'm not sure if they 100% understood me as I could tell English wasn't their first language. I gave them feedback about Waze moving to the truck display with no way to keep the app display on the iPhone. If more call and complain perhaps someone will look into this for us. If we are the minority, I expect nothing to happen. :(

Update. Also left feedback with Waze and with Apple. :)

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We asked for waze integration with CarPlay, we got it. Now we’re asking for waze disintegration with CarPlay ?
can you remove Waze from CarPlay ? You can move it by going to device settings; CarPlay ; press and hold the icon of the app and drag it. If you can remove it, then you get your waze running on the phone and Sync display like you want it.

Or, you can charge the phone from the console plug, or the AC outlet on the dash.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We asked for waze integration with CarPlay, we got it. Now we’re asking for waze disintegration with CarPlay ?
can you remove Waze from CarPlay ? You can move it by going to device settings; CarPlay ; press and hold the icon of the app and drag it. If you can remove it, then you get your waze running on the phone and Sync display like you want it.

Or, you can charge the phone from the console plug, or the AC outlet on the dash.

Holding the icon and dragging it does not stop Waze from taking over the display. As I said previously, I want Carplay with messages and phone as it is a benefit with those. Not with Waze. Let me turn it off and I'll be happy. As it is now, it is more distracting for me to change the radio to xm or anything on the truck display.