Finally: iOS 12 bringing native Waze integration to Apple CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed 12 today and still can’t access Waze through the truck’s display. Has anybody figured out what we need to do yet?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So I installed 12 today and still can’t access Waze through the truck’s display. Has anybody figured out what we need to do yet?

assuming you’re current on sync version, you need to go to sync general config options; car play; disable car play for both your phone and the 2nd option on the screen. That will allow waze to come through... ONCE you start it on your phone.

BTW, I did the IOS 12 update and it disabled notifications on my bluetooth profile, which rendered text message hand off to sync disabled. I had to reenable notifications over bluetooth.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems there was a waze update today, to work with carplay and ios12, didnt try it yet

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s there. Tried it, and it works. I’d like to move the app from the 2nd screen of car play but otherwise it seems to work.

OP
OP
Morn

Morn

Reaction score
It’s there. Tried it, and it works. I’d like to move the app from the 2nd screen of car play but otherwise it seems to work.

You can move them around:

To add, remove, or customize the order that the apps are in, connect your device to CarPlay and do the following on the device:

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap CarPlay.
  2. Select your car.
  3. Use the add or delete icons to add or remove apps. Tap and drag an app to change the icon order.