Finally installed the tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the Gator recoil cover?
If not what cover is it?
This has really piqued my interest and I am extremely curious about what exactly you did to get the two to work together because if I am not mistaken, that chase rack direct from ADD shouldn't work with that cover. If you could, please either post here and tag me or PM me all the steps and modifications it took to make this work, as well as pictures of the process if you have it. While this is not something we can recommend it could be something to help me further with someone who is wanting to do what you did.

I look forward to hearing from you!

OP
OP
P

Penny

Reaction score
Yes sir that’s a gator recoil I ordered on Amazon when they had 20% off price. The fit is not bad. I’m still trying make adjustments. As for the ADD rack, on the bottom it’s an L shape so you’ll have to bolt it on the side. So what I did was cut the bottom part off making it sit flat on top. I line it up and drill one hole under it on each side to put in the bolts to hold it in place. Once I’m happy where it sit, I drill from under to get pass the bed and barely touching the rack, enough to make a mark. Once those marks are made. I take it off and weld bolts to the marks. This will just slide into the holes when putting it back on. This keep it a clean look from the top while still bolted to the bed. You can just drill right through and slide the bolt from top down but I want a clean look so I went with the welding part.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! This is the first truck I've had a cover on. Didn't think I would like it but it's really grown on me

OP
OP
P

Penny

Reaction score
Yeah I wasnt planning adding the cover but I’m planning a road trip around the west coast with it so I needed storage space without being worried someone might steal what I have in the bed. Plus I need it to be dry just in case of rains. But I’m loving it so far.