Finally hit MSRP, how long till invoice deals available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like there's been a lot more threads talking about 17s and now 18s available at MSRP and bought at MSRP, wonder how long until we start seeing discounts from MSRP.

Of course still tons of trucks on lots with markups, and it'll stay that way for awhile, but the good dealers are starting to deal.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I have already seen 1 dealer on a FB page knock 1k off sticker for 2 on lot trucks (17's) 2 weeks ago. Some of the dealers offering close to invoice on the Gen 1 dealer order thread seem to have been negotiating on orders. I'm on a list for under msrp on an 18 but they don't seem to have a lot of allocation and are going through their wait list to see where I stand. Looking back I am regretting sending people to them before I decided to buy. I'm going to call a few more dealers and if I can get anyone somewhat close to me that gets to within ball park of my current dealer with a sooner allocation I will jump on it.

Meanwhile my local dealer that serviced my Gen 1 called me last week and tried to sell me one of his three 2017 sitting on the lot for $12k over. :flipthebird:

I'm looking to do an Scab this time around so most likely I will not find what I want on a lot.

Last edited:

Monstarapta

Reaction score
Took my 12 in for service a few weeks ago and there were two 17's sitting on the lot. The sales guy came over while I was looking at them and said they were selling for 5-10k over msrp. Told him I would never pay more than sticker for a car. He left and came back a few minutes later and said they would accept a msrp offer.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see that happening for awhile... supply and demand and demand is still higher than the supply.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see that happening for awhile... supply and demand and demand is still higher than the supply.

Are they? There are tons of 17's currently sitting on lots. You had dealers in high demand areas buying trucks from other dealers at MSRP at the beginning and adding $15k ADM on their lots. The amount of people willing to pay that is drying up. I could pay it but I just think it's stupid to throw almost $20k away like that. I would rather throw that money into something that appreciates in value like another transferable.

I bought my 14 for $500 over invoice when my local dealer was asking $5k over (and sitting on them). I drove my 14 for 25k miles and sold it to a private seller for around $4.5k more than I paid for 1.5 years later (it had some mods). I definitely spend the money on something when I want it most of the time. However, when it comes to a current factory built vehicle that can be found for MSRP or less if you shop around it just doesn't make sense unless you have FU money. Unfortunately I'm not in that category yet.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I am betting by year end there will be 18's for below MSRP. I had been searching for a dealer to order an 18. I sent out several emails and ended up with three out of state dealers willing to do MSRP. I am rolling the dice and holding off. Hoping I can score something under MSRP. Locally here in Oregon the dealers still think $5k-$15k over is good.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Invoice deals won't be common until dealers have a hard time selling at MSRP. At this point MSRP is still a great deal and those trucks move quickly. I suspect it will be a couple of years before demand dries up and dealers have to price these trucks aggressively to move them. And if Ford keeps boosting prices $1-2k per year, you probably won't save that much by waiting.

Toward the end of this year you might be able to get better pricing on a leftover 2017, but I doubt many dealers will discount 2018 orders. Way too many buyers willing to pay MSRP at this point.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 guys buying at invoice has zero relevance to Gen 2 pricing. ZERO. Gen 1 is an entirely different truck targeted differently than Gen 2s.

Gen 1 trucks were relatively inexpensive to begin with, and targeted at a fairly narrow buyer (the enthusiast). Gen 2 trucks are luxury trucks and a raptor rolled into one, they are a heck of a lot nicer than the old Gen 1s and cost a lot more. So it opens the field of buyers to a lot more people. Small example: I tow, wheel and overland so I'm not a mall crawler, but I even I never ever considered a plastic-fantastic Gen 1. When the Gen 2s came around with all the luxury trimmings, I bought one when I previously wasn't a raptor buyer. You add all the street queen buyers out there, and the Gen 2s are a lot more attractive than Gen 1s to a lot more people willing to pay the $$. It's just a better product that moved upmarket.

So I am with Jetdriver. I don't think you will see invoice pricing on Gen 2s for a long long time.

Last edited: