Finally happened. Truck got boosted..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update. There are 2 other Raptors at the same location. We know one of the guys a little, and so after ours was boosted, we sent him a message just giving him a heads up. Said thanks and sorry that sucks. This morning, he texts that at 6:45 am his Ford Pass alerted to a break in. He went out, door handle was f-ed up, drivers window broken and the wires cut under the hood. Edit: 6:45 am at the same location ours was stolen from.

Said he was glad it didn't get stolen like ours but that's 2 in less than a week, one attempted and one completed. I do wonder if it was the same people.

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Said he was glad it didn't get stolen like ours but that's 2 in less than a week, one attempted and one completed. I do wonder if it was the same people.

How was yours driven away vs. the other guys' just being broken into? Was your key in the truck or you think they made a new FOB?

ORTrux

Reaction score
How do you reckon they're stealing these? Most common is the fob/radio repeater - I keep my keys in a faraday box/pouch which prevents that, but I thought otherwise Fords were pretty bulletproof unless flatbedded (vs. Dodge which has the security issues with their software.)

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was yours driven away vs. the other guys' just being broken into? Was your key in the truck or you think they made a new FOB?
No idea. Our key wasn't in the truck, it was in my GF's backpack inside the building. Still waiting on any camera footage but again, it's supposed to be crap. The second Raptor being broken into solidified our idea to not get another one. Sucks..

Edit to add reading helps. We actually don't know if the truck was driven away or towed away. The "security" guy said he didn't see any tow trucks or anything but how much I trust that, I don't know.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Profoundly sorry and disappointed to hear this.

Guys, this does not take long. pull door handle out, rotate cylinder with channel locks, vice grips, needle nose pliers, it’s only just beyond hand strength. under 5 seconds and you are in the truck.

you’ve seen they can cut the horn wires from the front by just walking by - what 5-7 seconds, tops. The door is faster.

so you bebop on by the front, clip the wires. head to the door , pull, twist, now you’re in. Nobody’s going to pay attention to someone in the truck, so they have all the time in the world now.

My neighbor has a couple super duty’s, showed me how the break-ins go through the handle in my garage. It’s frightfully easy.