Finally happened. Truck got boosted..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's been a hell of a couple years since we go the truck. Finally, things started to settle down the past oh 4 months or so. Getting geared up for the first holiday season we will be able to enjoy and then this happened. Got a call Wednesday about 3 pm from the girlfriend that the truck was gone. She had taken it to work, large parking lot, cameras everywhere (according to the cops, the cameras are worthless) that is at a big banking ops center. So I went down there, just as the cops arrived and sure as shit, no truck. Supposed security on premise as well.

So the cop does his thing, really nice and understanding, goes to look for glass of which there was none. She is supremely upset but I'm just glad she didn't walk up on them. The Ford Pass never gave here a warning until much later on when she opened the app. Again in some ways this was for the best. Then, the Ford Pass just died. It wasn't giving any information and still hasn't. This is the part of the story that I finally decided who to pin the anger on. Wasn't the GF, wasn't the cops, wasn't even the ****** who stole it. It was and still is FORD.

Let me explain.

So the cop said Ford might be able to track it somehow or give them information, but that it wasn't going to be quick and they would NOT give him any of the information. So we tried and sure as hell the Ford rep said we are sorry but we need to get an official request from the PD etc etc. Fine. We called back an hour later and Ford said, yes we see the request pending but that's all I see. Umm, hey buddy, my truck is still probably stateside and not yet in Mexico so maybe some, oh I don't know, action would be nice?

End result is no truck, and at this point, I don't want it back because it's been branded stolen and I don't want anything to do with that. Oh quick add on story. Sales buddy of mine told me they had a 450 that someone bought with a hot check. Ford got on the case ASAP and they found it with the quickness. Little old me? Get to the back of the line peasant. Sure insurance is good and shouldn't be much of an issue but still the lack of action was eye opening.

Sorry if I sound bitter, it's because I am. The only people I have zero anger for is the cops, and my girlfriend. I know we are not the only ones, nor will be the only ones. Our lawn guy was running around with a U-Haul a few months ago. Never really knew why until yesterday. His 2500 Silverado got boosted from his parking garage. He now has a 3500.

I hate thieves.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel your anger and bitterness. I think thieves should be shot and pis s ed on or vice versa, drawn and quartered etc

Mine almost got taken. Cops, ins and Ford doesn’t care.

Ravelco is not perfect cuz the sh itbag thieves can flat bed the truck away. Typically thieves don’t want to work as hard as you and I. But I certainly feel confident leaving my truck. Confident that I’ve done everything I could.

AirTag is a good idea too.

Good luck - mine was almost clipped a year ago and I still hate humanity lol

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thieves are solely to blame. Hopefully your insurance settles with you quickly and you are not without a Raptor long. And as you stated, glad the GF is safe and didn't catch them in the act.

Yes it is very fortunate. Ford Pass, when it finally gave the notification showed door opened at 2:14pm. She leaves work around 2:45ish. So yes very happy she is safe. As far as another Raptor we are debating the idea. I know a Raptor will be in the works at some point down the road, just right now with all this..we shall see.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is very fortunate. Ford Pass, when it finally gave the notification showed door opened at 2:14pm. She leaves work around 2:45ish. So yes very happy she is safe. As far as another Raptor we are debating the idea. I know a Raptor will be in the works at some point down the road, just right now with all this..we shall see.

You in San Antonio? Its bad around here, I leave my truck home 75% of the time i leave the house unless I'm headed to work (USAF Base).

Hope you dont get it back so you'll just get a check and not a devalued truck with a salvage title.

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You in San Antonio? Its bad around here, I leave my truck home 75% of the time i leave the house unless I'm headed to work (USAF Base).

Hope you dont get it back so you'll just get a check and not a devalued truck with a salvage title.
I am in Houston. And yes, I pray I don't get it back, and since it's been 4 days now I would fight not to take it back. Insurance is giving it 10 days, but that truck is now in Mexico being driven by some cartel guy of that I have no doubt.

I did my ROTC basic at Lackland and then nav school at Randolph. Lived in Universal City while I was there for nav school back in '02.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Houston. And yes, I pray I don't get it back, and since it's been 4 days now I would fight not to take it back. Insurance is giving it 10 days, but that truck is now in Mexico being driven by some cartel guy of that I have no doubt.

I did my ROTC basic at Lackland and then nav school at Randolph. Lived in Universal City while I was there for nav school back in '02.
If recovered and paid off and not messed up, I’d buy back from the insurance for Salvage value and keep it and buy a new one.

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's been a hell of a couple years since we go the truck. Finally, things started to settle down the past oh 4 months or so. Getting geared up for the first holiday season we will be able to enjoy and then this happened. Got a call Wednesday about 3 pm from the girlfriend that the truck was gone. She had taken it to work, large parking lot, cameras everywhere (according to the cops, the cameras are worthless) that is at a big banking ops center. So I went down there, just as the cops arrived and sure as shit, no truck. Supposed security on premise as well.

So the cop does his thing, really nice and understanding, goes to look for glass of which there was none. She is supremely upset but I'm just glad she didn't walk up on them. The Ford Pass never gave here a warning until much later on when she opened the app. Again in some ways this was for the best. Then, the Ford Pass just died. It wasn't giving any information and still hasn't. This is the part of the story that I finally decided who to pin the anger on. Wasn't the GF, wasn't the cops, wasn't even the ****** who stole it. It was and still is FORD.

Let me explain.

So the cop said Ford might be able to track it somehow or give them information, but that it wasn't going to be quick and they would NOT give him any of the information. So we tried and sure as hell the Ford rep said we are sorry but we need to get an official request from the PD etc etc. Fine. We called back an hour later and Ford said, yes we see the request pending but that's all I see. Umm, hey buddy, my truck is still probably stateside and not yet in Mexico so maybe some, oh I don't know, action would be nice?

End result is no truck, and at this point, I don't want it back because it's been branded stolen and I don't want anything to do with that. Oh quick add on story. Sales buddy of mine told me they had a 450 that someone bought with a hot check. Ford got on the case ASAP and they found it with the quickness. Little old me? Get to the back of the line peasant. Sure insurance is good and shouldn't be much of an issue but still the lack of action was eye opening.

Sorry if I sound bitter, it's because I am. The only people I have zero anger for is the cops, and my girlfriend. I know we are not the only ones, nor will be the only ones. Our lawn guy was running around with a U-Haul a few months ago. Never really knew why until yesterday. His 2500 Silverado got boosted from his parking garage. He now has a 3500.

I hate thieves.
Danc that sucks man. Sorry about that.