Finally got to use the raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Raptor in Oct 2018 and other then a couple very short desert runs i never really got to mess with the raptors features off-road until these past couple weeks. For new years i went to glamis which was awesome! I definitely need to add air bumps asap. I lost my go pro so no pics/video.
This past weekend i went up north to Crown King AZ to play in the snow. I had alot of fun testing the different modes and i have to say that off-road mode with advanced trac disabled is the BEST!! When hauling ass down the snow covered dirt roads, its freaking awesome how the trans down shifts PERFECTLY as you slow/brake before each turn allowing the extra torque to power though! Love it!
I think the trans feels kind of "clunky" during normal daily driving to and from work. Seems like its always in the wrong gear and needs to shift. This past weekends off-road experience more then makes up for it.
I only took a couple pics as i was enjoying driving too much!

CK2.jpg

CK1.jpg

Horse Thief lake.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nice! I have lived in AZ all my life and never heard of the town Crown King! :)

OP
OP
JLAKE4130

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have lived in AZ all my life and never heard of the town Crown King! :)
MAN! You're missing out. Take a day and head up there, its a fun drive.
Or maybe we can get a couple AZ people and go up for lunch as a group?