Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Finally got to drive the Raptor on the beach

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by smurfslayer, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

North Beach in Orleans and Chatham ate up my 1996 Bronco pretty fast. It went from being a nice truck to a rust bucket in about 4 seasons.

Badgertits likes this.
  2. Raptorrunner2019

Raptorrunner2019 Full Access Member

There was one pic... I was hoping to say pics or you took your Prius to the beach. Would like to see some more though. Haha

3. jeanco

jeanco Full Access Member

4 psi for bike,30 for Raptor.

BikeRaptor.jpg

4. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

I usually just pressure wash the under carriage when I get home. Does this come in a spray can, I would think quiet a few cans is involved to spray everything down.

5. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

Nice type R, I would keep it on the low low around here though.

+1

Raptorrunner2019 likes this.
  6. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Pressure wash can help....or hurt worse sloshing salt into much harder to reach (& thus much harder to treat/clean) nooks & crannies of your frame/undercarriage etc. Saw a guy drop his spare in OBX & the steel wheel was literally disintegrated & unusable & the mechanism to raise it back up was so corroded he just cut it off lol

Yeah it took a good 5-6 cans to really get a good base coat I was happy w/ & then I'll touch it up in the dry part of summer/early fall 1-2 can touchup, I also sprayed the axle/diff/yolk/U-bolts/leafs etc. anything that looked like it initially had a black coat got one since I have seen alot of Ford trucks completely rusted out w/ zero miles lol

Ted Schroeder likes this.
  7. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

Just so I know what I’m doing and being the first time what all do you spray. Drop the skid plates I’m guessing is needed to treat anything under them. Appreciate the info and help.

8. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

i used amsoil HDMP on most of the undercarriage/frame, Yamashield (formlery boeshield T9) by Yamaha on AL suspension components & throughout engine bay from the top (bottom up it got the amsoil for ext. Protection buts the HDMP will tiny bare AL a yellow color just FYI)

on the few parts I pain Ye s first just used rustoleum HD rust inhibitor semi gloss black rattle can 2 coats

9. MGA

MGA Member

Opinions on the airing down needed, I have a stock 19' SCREW and like many said there are advantages to the ride and suspension which I agree with when airing down. I am getting ready to head back down to OBX where we will be staying for a week 6 miles up the beach. Beach driving is pretty tame as there are STRICTLY enforced speed limits of 35 mph on empty beaches and 15 mph when within 300ft of anyone, the question is that I will be on and off the beach with the kids and wife shooting to the blacktop repeatedly throughout the week and I have no desire to constantly change the PSI. Traditionally I have set the tire at 26psi upon arrival and aired back up to 38psi front and 34 psi rear as I leave at the end of the week. Does that sound reasonable given the parameters? Thanks for the feedback on this and all the ongoing education

10. RobP

RobP Full Access Member

Looks fun!