Finally got stuck(alone)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
de ja vu....

photo-4-1.jpg

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
heres the walk around at the time

sorry for massive pics... they were taken using the GoPro and idk how to get crazy with the editing skills

thanks for the input fellas

hope no body else winds up in a similar situation

in a nutshell

getting stuck ******* SUCKS

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question. Say you had a winch. Doesn't look like there's even anything to winch to....

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hmmm...pull-pal...that's what Birdman calls that little Vietnamese boy down the street.:hidesbehindsofa:

Last edited:

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya

The feeling of being that dug in leaves you pretty helpless inside

I will never visit that spot again without a good shovel and those sand ramps you can put under the tires

A winch would be an exceptional idea as well

It was just crazy I knew the sand was deep but I never expected that

And such a crazy feeling going so fast to a dead stop felt like I hit quick sand and I knew I was in deep shit when the entire front end was sitting on the skid plates and my rear on my differential

For all of those who haven't gotten stuck yet, learn from my lose of virginity and always 4x with another truck if you lack a winch

Truthfully I think even if I had another 4x truck to get me out it would have left him stuck as well

I had a rancher on a quad stop and ask if I was ok, then continue to tell me he had no truck or tractor he was willing to bring into that soft sand,"would only leave both of us ****** in the wind" he said and then gave me a good luck nod and buzzed off

All in all a great day and I learned a good lesson... Don't take the terrain for granted and realize, even the raptor, has it's limits

It may be a truck born in Baja, however they forget to mention it can die there as well

Got my first Ford Exploder stuck like that off San Luis Pass at the far end of Galveston, TX. I got stuck all of about eight feet off the pavement under the bridge on a date...My wife hasn't let me live it down yet even though I haven't gotten stuck anywhere since then. Luckily, some locals were passing by and were kind enough to yank me back out. Amazingly, as I was getting hooked up, some guy goes blasting by and gets stuck over 100ft from anything that could be used as an anchor in the same kind of sand trap. I learned my lessons about knowing your terrain and limits then and there. I almost never go wheelin' alone anymore and I've always got a couple hundred feet of rope, snatch blocks, come-alongs, and anchors even if I'm not alone.

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Question. Say you had a winch. Doesn't look like there's even anything to winch to....

The only thing in sight was that massive telephone pole but indefinitely would have had second thoughts on doing that lol