finally got one!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2008fx4

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah curious to know what happened that made Ford cut you off.

lets just say that Randy went out of his way to help some people out, and took their word regarding registration and they back stabbed him and left him for the wolves.

randy has always been one of the most honest and trustworthy people i know and it shocked me that people were ******** him over.

anyhow - got the bakflip f1 installed. kinda on the fence about it.

i'll give it some time.

B7-71EB7E1E7A1D-57621-00000C34D11C4273_zps62a98f7c.jpg

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the fence about what? The looks? Just curious as I haven't made up my mind on what I am going to put on mine.

lets just say that Randy went out of his way to help some people out, and took their word regarding registration and they back stabbed him and left him for the wolves.

randy has always been one of the most honest and trustworthy people i know and it shocked me that people were ******** him over.

anyhow - got the bakflip f1 installed. kinda on the fence about it.

i'll give it some time.

B7-71EB7E1E7A1D-57621-00000C34D11C4273_zps62a98f7c.jpg

OP
OP
2008fx4

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the fence about what? The looks? Just curious as I haven't made up my mind on what I am going to put on mine.

not really on the looks - but my cover has several defects in it. some in the finish, looks like there is glue on the aluminum slats that the fiberglass panels attach to - and one of them looks like its seperating. gonna talk to Morrie on monday about it.

i also had to adjust one of the latches - cover would close but wouldnt open. not that big of a deal, but for the money these cost it should go on without a hitch.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the undercover flex? To me it seems like they improved upon the Bakflips design in some areas. I haven't looked at the Bakflip up close yet, but the main part I don't care for is the resting on the cab when fully open. The undercover stays up straight.

In all honestly that is the one thing I don't care for on either one is the blocking of the vision out the back. So who knows! Well good luck. You truck and garage look great!

not really on the looks - but my cover has several defects in it. some in the finish, looks like there is glue on the aluminum slats that the fiberglass panels attach to - and one of them looks like its seperating. gonna talk to Morrie on monday about it.

i also had to adjust one of the latches - cover would close but wouldnt open. not that big of a deal, but for the money these cost it should go on without a hitch.