Finally got my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JesseMoody

JesseMoody

Reaction score
How'd buying without actually seeing work? I'm a bit paranoid spending buying something of that value "on line"? Did you have someone physically check it out?

They have a 5 day 250 mile no questions asked return policy. So I felt safe with doing it. Carfax was super clean and from everything I have read they don't sell junk so I felt better about that.

Funny enough I last sold my 2008 Evo X GSR via the EVO X forums to a builder out in Chicago. They just had a truck show up, loaded it and it was gone. I took a ton of nice photos and video going around the car for them so I think that made me feel a bit better knowing I could do it. Glad I did too because this truck is so nice. Super clean. No corrosion anywhere. Only thing I have found is a few scuffs on the wheels from rubbing on some of the giant curbs we have here in California.

MTC

Reaction score
Thanks man! I have been wanting one for a while, looking here and there but never biting. Went and test drove a 2012 a few weeks back. It had a beefy exhaust, intake and was tuned. That thing was loud and fast. Had lights all over it, a cover. It was really nice but they didn't have the carb stickers for the intake, no stock one and exhaust removed the cat so registration in CA and smog would be a chore. Almost at 100k miles and I decided to keep looking a bit more. They wanted 37k for it.

I actually found this one I did get on Vroom. It is pretty much like Carvana. It was the color I wanted, had almost every feature I was looking for, lower miles than before and it looked babied in all the photos I saw. So I jumped on it. Took about a week and a half from start to delivery which is slower than dealerships but asking was just under 45k. They don't negotiate is the unfortunate part but most dealerships/sellers I have talked to aren't willing to budge even a little anyways.

Was 2012 the red one in Hermosa Beach? It looks pretty clean but without smog definitely would be a hassle to register.

OP
OP
JesseMoody

JesseMoody

Reaction score
I have the same color , I recommend to keep it waxed and hand wash it. It’s very very sensitive.

Oh sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a recommended wash or wax brand or products you use?

Do you use a buffer? I used to baby the shit out of my evo and clay bar it and all that jazz. So much time on that little car and this truck is massive so it's going to be a task!

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I lived in Redondo for about 7 years and before that was in Ventura for 5 years. In Texas now but they wife says we are moving back to the Southbay area next year. ‍♂️

The South Bay use to be cool. Born and raised in Redondo. Love hate for the place.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a recommended wash or wax brand or products you use?

Do you use a buffer? I used to baby the shit out of my evo and clay bar it and all that jazz. So much time on that little car and this truck is massive so it's going to be a task!

You should take it to PC Auto Care. Located in Glendale. I had them do some paint correction and ceramic coat on my Gen 1 earlier this year. Great shop.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was 2012 the red one in Hermosa Beach? It looks pretty clean but without smog definitely would be a hassle to register.

I have seen the red Gen 1 located in Hermosa. It's nice, but I think they are asking too much (IMO).

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
They have a 5 day 250 mile no questions asked return policy. So I felt safe with doing it. Carfax was super clean and from everything I have read they don't sell junk so I felt better about that.

Funny enough I last sold my 2008 Evo X GSR via the EVO X forums to a builder out in Chicago. They just had a truck show up, loaded it and it was gone. I took a ton of nice photos and video going around the car for them so I think that made me feel a bit better knowing I could do it. Glad I did too because this truck is so nice. Super clean. No corrosion anywhere. Only thing I have found is a few scuffs on the wheels from rubbing on some of the giant curbs we have here in California.

Welcome, great looking truck. Still driving my 2008 EVO X.
Can’t seem to get away from turbo charged engines.

Welcome, great looking truck. Still driving my 2008 EVO X.
Can’t seem to get away from turbo charged engines.

8B1AEBAB-862E-4C70-A928-44A00D106F61.jpeg