Finally got my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JesseMoody

JesseMoody

Reaction score
Hey, nice gen1. Love the color. I'm in the LA area as well and lurking for a gen 1. What year is yours and can I ask where'd you find yours, mileage and how much? I've been looking for a month or so but wonder what they're actually selling for versus asking price.........

Thanks man! I have been wanting one for a while, looking here and there but never biting. Went and test drove a 2012 a few weeks back. It had a beefy exhaust, intake and was tuned. That thing was loud and fast. Had lights all over it, a cover. It was really nice but they didn't have the carb stickers for the intake, no stock one and exhaust removed the cat so registration in CA and smog would be a chore. Almost at 100k miles and I decided to keep looking a bit more. They wanted 37k for it.

I actually found this one I did get on Vroom. It is pretty much like Carvana. It was the color I wanted, had almost every feature I was looking for, lower miles than before and it looked babied in all the photos I saw. So I jumped on it. Took about a week and a half from start to delivery which is slower than dealerships but asking was just under 45k. They don't negotiate is the unfortunate part but most dealerships/sellers I have talked to aren't willing to budge even a little anyways.

chadp

Reaction score
Nice gen1 looks like its in great condition! Happy exploring, there are tons of awesome drives in the south west!

OP
OP
JesseMoody

JesseMoody

Reaction score
Nice gen1 looks like its in great condition! Happy exploring, there are tons of awesome drives in the south west!
Yeah a few guys I work with have been doing this stuff for years so I'm excited to join the group. Can't wait to get out and see more. Show my kids some of the awesome places to see and just explore.

MTC

Reaction score
Thanks man! I have been wanting one for a while, looking here and there but never biting. Went and test drove a 2012 a few weeks back. It had a beefy exhaust, intake and was tuned. That thing was loud and fast. Had lights all over it, a cover. It was really nice but they didn't have the carb stickers for the intake, no stock one and exhaust removed the cat so registration in CA and smog would be a chore. Almost at 100k miles and I decided to keep looking a bit more. They wanted 37k for it.

I actually found this one I did get on Vroom. It is pretty much like Carvana. It was the color I wanted, had almost every feature I was looking for, lower miles than before and it looked babied in all the photos I saw. So I jumped on it. Took about a week and a half from start to delivery which is slower than dealerships but asking was just under 45k. They don't negotiate is the unfortunate part but most dealerships/sellers I have talked to aren't willing to budge even a little anyways.

How'd buying without actually seeing work? I'm a bit paranoid spending buying something of that value "on line"? Did you have someone physically check it out?

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MTC I found my Gen 1 on Craigslist, earlier this year. Also sold my Gen 2 on that site. This site also has some nice rigs that periodically pop up for sale. Good luck with your search.