Finally got my Gen3 - Added Innov8’s & 37’s!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
The truck looks great! I assume this was a 35 package. What did you have to do to get the 37s to fit? What is the offset and backspacing on the new wheels.
Yes it was stock 35. The front is fine driving around with this setup, there is a front fender mod you can do, and I probably will, so you can stuff the tires at full crank without rubbing. They don’t rub at all driving around, but I could see where they would rub the back of the front fender if driving hard off road and steering sharp. The rear is the only place mine has actually rubbed so far. The front side of the rear fender gets really close to the tires and rubs when you g out. I replaced the hex bolts with dome head Allen screws and lower profile washers. And a trimmed some of the excess plastic away in that lower inside corner. Seems good now. These trucks are oversized everywhere including the wheel wells, crazy these huge tires looks somewhat proportional on this beast! Lol

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was stock 35. The front is fine driving around with this setup, there is a front fender mod you can do, and I probably will, so you can stuff the tires at full crank without rubbing. They don’t rub at all driving around, but I could see where they would rub the back of the front fender if driving hard off road and steering sharp. The rear is the only place mine has actually rubbed so far. The front side of the rear fender gets really close to the tires and rubs when you g out. I replaced the hex bolts with dome head Allen screws and lower profile washers. And a trimmed some of the excess plastic away in that lower inside corner. Seems good now. These trucks are oversized everywhere including the wheel wells, crazy these huge tires looks somewhat proportional on this beast! Lol
Post some updated pics when the gloss from the tires expire, so we can see the matt finish. The glossy finish vs the matte black fender flares looks odd right now.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! The wheels are Innov8 Racing forged wheels 17x8.5 +6 offset, and the tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers in a 37x12.
But some badass eibach HD springs or something would be great!
That puts the tires out about 1.75 inches for stock?

Yes it would but the springs are not released yet… least not as of February 1st when I checked. I too haul/tow right up to the trucks limit sometimes and prefer some help. Air Bags are an option from me.

OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
That puts the tires out about 1.75 inches for stock?

Yes it would but the springs are not released yet… least not as of February 1st when I checked. I too haul/tow right up to the trucks limit sometimes and prefer some help. Air Bags are an option from me.
What airbag setup did you find for the Gen 3? I’d check that out… I ordered the 3/4” spacer from Foutz Motorsports, going to get that put on soon. Should help the stance to be even with the 2.25” RPG up front.

Re: the wheels, I think it’s a 28 mm difference with that offset, so it’s just under 1.25” each side with the offset, so about 2.5” overall. And the tires are much wider, I think the spec says they’re actually 13.5” wide from the website. They don’t really stick out from the fenders though, maybe 3/4” -1” at most at the roundest part of the tire. And they tuck under full squat.
A8E759CB-4D3B-48EB-9B4C-E433D1F97003.jpegA888695A-3A00-4204-B6C9-792A59A0C10B.jpegFD5E5FFC-CBCB-4969-8850-C413793957AC.jpeg

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What airbag setup did you find for the Gen 3? I’d check that out… I ordered the 3/4” spacer from Foutz Motorsports, going to get that put on soon. Should help the stance to be even with the 2.25” RPG up front.

Re: the wheels, I think it’s a 28 mm difference with that offset, so it’s just under 1.25” each side with the offset, so about 2.5” overall. And the tires are much wider, I think the spec says they’re actually 13.5” wide from the website. They don’t really stick out from the fenders though, maybe 3/4” -1” at most at the roundest part of the tire. And they tuck under full squat.
View attachment 341066View attachment 341067View attachment 341068
Makes sense regarding the rubbing now that I see the specs on those tires.

I know Expedition Off-Road were able to make a set of Gladitor X-Comp AT 37x13.5r17 work on a 17x8.5 +6 wheel with zero rubbing (on a 35 truck) during their Cabo run.

The X-Comp ATs are .34" shorter than the trail grappers despite being slightly wider.

Beautiful truck. Definitely has me considering pulling off the 37 package graphics.