FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man i need more info. I used to know an Izzy that built race car cages....wonder if it's the same guy.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys spending $2500 on this over deavers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swanstreaming

Reaction score
Why are you guys spending $2500 on this over deavers?

Because just Deavers wont fix the problem—they’re also on my list! These allow me to tow nearly level with a 950lb tongue weight.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the RPG bump stops with the 4" extensions are not recommended for towing, but how are they different from a dedicated air shock? I already spent $1400 on the RPG Stage 2 kit, which is basically two 2.5" air shocks bolted to my frame with a strong crossmember in between. If I use RPG's extension and air them up, it should work in a similar fashion to what we have seen on this thread.

What am I missing? Not enough travel? Not a secure mount point at the bottom?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because just Deavers wont fix the problem—they’re also on my list! These allow me to tow nearly level with a 950lb tongue weight.

950 is a lot..... I have the +2HD and tow a boat with 500lb tongue weight and 300 lbs in the bed my truck drops 3/4” and rides superb. Also have the SVC bump kit that can be used to tow if necessary and the most adjustable bump system imho.

Again just my opinion but if I were you guys looking at this kit I strongly recommend you do springs first as they are that good with weight/towing and most importantly ALL the time and do not have to be removed. Cost less as well. The oem springs are really a joke.

I do appreciate the custom work here and glad it works but why re invent the wheel?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the RPG bump stops with the 4" extensions are not recommended for towing, but how are they different from a dedicated air shock? I already spent $1400 on the RPG Stage 2 kit, which is basically two 2.5" air shocks bolted to my frame with a strong crossmember in between. If I use RPG's extension and air them up, it should work in a similar fashion to what we have seen on this thread.

What am I missing? Not enough travel? Not a secure mount point at the bottom?

And the ride is superior in every way!