Finally done, stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zen is easy ,the ground for it the needs to be a battery ground fyi , I also used the pac audio speaker harness ,I think its 40$ well worth it .

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both the Zen and Harness came in today. Pretty much have everything I need now. My plan is to run my mid/highs amp behind the seat with the Zen and crossovers for my mids. My sub amp I fear is just way too big for the backwall. I'm thinking I will build an enclosure for it in the bed against the backwall there. Little more dramatic than I wanted but I need the power for an alternate subwoofer set up with some lithium. I have a Gately under seat with four 8" Gately Relentless subs. This will be the cleaner look but I also want to get down with my two 12" Sundown Audio Zv5's in my custom enclosure which will go in the back in front of the 60 split with the seat up. Depending on which set-up I'm using at the time the 8's will be at 2ohms and 12's at 1ohm on an 8K Crescendo. Current thought process anyhow...god help my moon roof.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the Zen and Harness came in today. Pretty much have everything I need now. My plan is to run my mid/highs amp behind the seat with the Zen and crossovers for my mids. My sub amp I fear is just way too big for the backwall. I'm thinking I will build an enclosure for it in the bed against the backwall there. Little more dramatic than I wanted but I need the power for an alternate subwoofer set up with some lithium. I have a Gately under seat with four 8" Gately Relentless subs. This will be the cleaner look but I also want to get down with my two 12" Sundown Audio Zv5's in my custom enclosure which will go in the back in front of the 60 split with the seat up. Depending on which set-up I'm using at the time the 8's will be at 2ohms and 12's at 1ohm on an 8K Crescendo. Current thought process anyhow...god help my moon roof.
once you remove the oem sub and amp, you should have room to mount the big amp on the drivers side. remove the oem jack and you have room on the passenger side for a speaker amp

hpschrank

Reaction score
Can anyone on here recommend a reputable, high end shop in the Sarasota/Tampa, FL area that you would trust to do a quality upgrade in a Gen 3 Raptor? Thanks!

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am grounded directly to the frame. Zero issues
I believe if the resistance is under 1 or 2 ohms ,that’s what the zen likes , I could be wrong , Probably only getting that on the frame or the battery. I believe all the ground screws are rated in vehicles for resistance .