Finally did it. 2017 Avalanche Grey Raptor in the garage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After months of searching, going back and forth between gens, and driving half a dozen trucks it is finally here.
Flew to DC and picked up a Raptor to drive home smiling the whole time.
This forum has already helped me tremendously and look forward to learning as much as possible about this machine.

I wasn't sure how the truck would feel on 37's and the dealer did not know anything about a tune. It was purchased from a Jeep dealer in Maryland. After driving it about 300 miles so far the truck is definitely tuned. It Pulls harder than all of the stock raptors I've driven, even with the 37's. I'm hoping someone on the forum can point me in the right direction on how to figure out what kind of tune it has.

so far, all I've done to the truck is replace the bullet antenna with the factory one (not my taste) and remove the rear fender decals.

I plan on purchasing 35's and getting the same wheels in 17in as soon as possible. Possibly new leafs and bump stops down the road.

I have some minor concerns that I cannot figure out from what I've been able to find on the forum.

First, the truck will blow slightly warm air on the driver-side lower vents. The amount of heat increases slightly when I get on the gas and blows steady on the highway. At idle, I can barely feel it. With the A/C on full blast, everything comes out cold except for this slight warm air by the pedals. Not sure what is causing this.

Second, when I shift from park to drive I feel the truck jolt forward slightly more than the factory raptors I've driven. it also happens when going from park into reverse. Also, when I am in moderate brake the transmission seems to shift slightly hard from 4th into 3rd. It seems to get better when the transmission is fully warmed up. It's not anything alarming, just wondering if I should be concerned about this?

The mods are as follows
-ADD Pro V1 bumper
-ADD FMIC
Eibach springs
37x12.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (good amount of tread left but I am going to sell and go to 35's)
Method MR305 wheels
Mystery tune and BOV
Matte black wrap on the front bumper and roof

Cheers!

Richie

#onelessprius
DH5MlAMSQw+OcnOuMGQTUw.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First, the truck will blow slightly warm air on the driver-side lower vents. The amount of heat increases slightly when I get on the gas and blows steady on the highway. At idle, I can barely feel it. With the A/C on full blast, everything comes out cold except for this slight warm air by the pedals. Not sure what is causing this.
Check the firewall, there’s a grommet that is very convenient for running large gauge stereo wires, and it’s very easy to unseat.

Second, when I shift from park to drive I feel the truck jolt forward slightly more than the factory raptors I've driven. it also happens when going from park into reverse. Also, when I am in moderate brake the transmission seems to shift slightly hard from 4th into 3rd. It seems to get better when the transmission is fully warmed up. It's not anything alarming, just wondering if I should be concerned about this?
@FordTechOne has been trying to school us for years that the transmission behaves a little more rough when cold and when it warms up works just like it should. I agree and honestly I like the 10r80.

#onelessprius
I like this guy. he can stay :cool: