Finally, a Side By Side Comparison of Rigid Industries VS Baja Designs Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a detailed comparison, not just a simple show and tell. BTW, the rigid warranty voiding leaks when rotating the lens cover is a joke. I do see where a goon could booger up the gasket, but that means a simple gasket replacement, not a new light.

Anyway, the correct comparison, the type that takes subjectivity out of the equation, would employ measuring instruments to determine the actual color, focus pattern, and lumens of each light assembly. It should also include the power draw (in watts) for each light and the actual temperature of the light assembly (in Fahrenheit), which would determine the true efficiency of each brand's selected LEDs.

Then a longevity test should be run with the input voltage constantly varying (about 2 cycles per minute) from about 11.5 VDC to about 14.5 VDC while tracking the assembly temp. Let it run for at least a month, non-stop. Then rerun the original tests of color, focus pattern, lumens, and power draw. Maybe install the test on a vibration fixture and test the structural integrity.

Now you have results that anyone can view objectively for a statistically valid decision. Otherwise, it's still just what the individual subjectively prefers.

Maybe Baja Designs and/or Rigid already has all this information and can provide it for side-by-side comparison?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a detailed comparison, not just a simple show and tell. BTW, the rigid warranty voiding leaks when rotating the lens cover is a joke. I do see where a goon could booger up the gasket, but that means a simple gasket replacement, not a new light.

Anyway, the correct comparison, the type that takes subjectivity out of the equation, would employ measuring instruments to determine the actual color, focus pattern, and lumens of each light assembly. It should also include the power draw (in watts) for each light and the actual temperature of the light assembly (in Fahrenheit), which would determine the true efficiency of each brand's selected LEDs.

Then a longevity test should be run with the input voltage constantly varying (about 2 cycles per minute) from about 11.5 VDC to about 14.5 VDC while tracking the assembly temp. Let it run for at least a month, non-stop. Then rerun the original tests of color, focus pattern, lumens, and power draw. Maybe install the test on a vibration fixture and test the structural integrity.

Now you have results that anyone can view objectively for a statistically valid decision. Otherwise, it's still just what the individual subjectively prefers.

Maybe Baja Designs and/or Rigid already has all this information and can provide it for side-by-side comparison?

Did you go to MIT?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL No I didn't, but I like the details! Especially on something as debated and contentious as these specific light brands. I've PM'd with @Specialtyperformanceparts, so not to offend him in his test.

I'm with you as my mod list for lighting is nearing $10k :eek: I need all the comparisons I can get! :oops: :biggun:

Yes, that's my wife shooting me if she ever reads this............