Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Finally, a Side By Side Comparison of Rigid Industries VS Baja Designs Lights

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by Specialtyperformanceparts, Mar 19, 2020.

1. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rigid for the win! As a newbie I will save this thread and look forward to your next video entitled "Light Bar Wars"!

2. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Missed that too. Was asleep from the 9:09 to 21:45 mark.

3. Specialtyperformanceparts

Specialtyperformanceparts Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Sorry, I overlooked your question.

I assume you mean stock Fogs in something other than a Raptor since they don't have stock foglights?
    So if you mean say a Lariat F-150? There will be a big difference because just like the SAE lights in this video, they need to be very toned down to be street legal, so the OEM ones would be too. I would doubt the stock would be as bright as the Rigid or Baja.
    As far as temperature, I would guess stock Ford ones would be closer to the yellow temp.
    I'm sure there is a meter you can get.

4. dreys

dreys Full Access Member

I was wondering about the color temperature of stock Raptor LEDs headlights.

I'd like to add a set of SAEs to compliment stock headlights (so I can run them both on the street), and was wondering whether BDs or Rigid will match the color temperature better.

5. Specialtyperformanceparts

I found a meter for that.

https://www.omnicontrols.com/produc...SSHDHjexZtTOH6ygdJ1S15NxrYZL5EaMaAj4aEALw_wcB

I actually had a meter I picked up to measure the output of the lights in the video, but both were so bright it wasn't capable.. lol

6. BigTrout

BigTrout Member

Great video, John! Thank you for pulling that together. I bought the Rigid kit from you a few months ago and have always been curious how the compare to BD. Installation was really easy with your custom wiring harness and well-built brackets. I use the SAE all the time and the other two on occasion. Thanks again for providing great products and being a source of useful information (videos, clear installation instructions, etc.)

Brandon

7. BigTrout

BigTrout Member

I have the Rigid SAE and it seems to be a pretty good match, but in that video it sounds like the BD SAE is a bit of a cooler temp color than the Rigid SAE. In my opinion, the factory lights are a pretty cold color (not quite blue-ish but definitely not yellow at all) so if you're looking for just an SAE light then BD 'might' be a closer match.

8. Specialtyperformanceparts

Yeah, it’s interesting because on the SAE, one had less yellow, but on the Off-road lights it was the opposite.

9. Frank R

Frank R Member

I love my rigid radiance lights I got from John a few months ago, Install took a little longer than I thought( 2 days) but that was just me, fogs on switch 1, ambers on 6 no problem with "too" bright from on coming drivers, so I love them, call them my unofficial running lights

10. Specialtyperformanceparts

I’m glad you like them Frank!!