Filling tank without holding nozzle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first vehicle without a gas cap, and I have to hold the filler to prevent it from shutting off. Is there a trick to this? 36 gallons on slow ass CA pumps is annoying.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California and their stupid gas pumps are likely to blame. I haven't driven mine to California because they frown on my Suppressed Short Barrel Rifle I keep in my truck but I know I have never had an issue in Arizona, Utah, New Mexico at any stations...

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4 out of 5 times I dont have an issue but once and while its stubborn and I have to find that "sweet spot" where itll flow untouched.

If theres a secret Id like to know too

OP
OP
P

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll used a rubber tie down to get some weight off the hose by lifting it from the pump stand, but the gas station attendant looked like he was going to call the cops on me. I don't have issue in NV, and OR.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm seems flow related then. Is there really a pump pressure variance from state to state?

Positioning seems to affect the flow though. On my Corvette I have to do it manually and hold it up every single time. On the Rap I can relax for the most part.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

California and their stupid gas pumps are likely to blame. I haven't driven mine to California because they frown on my Suppressed Short Barrel Rifle I keep in my truck but I know I have never had an issue in Arizona, Utah, New Mexico at any stations...

Always carry, never tell... oh shit I just told

OP
OP
P

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's the stupid gas cap. It doesn't allow the nozzle to go in fully so the weight of the hose pulls it out. So you guys just hold it like a caveman when you fill up? :)

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's the stupid gas cap. It doesn't allow the nozzle to go in fully so the weight of the hose pulls it out. So you guys just hold it like a caveman when you fill up? :)

Had a problem maybe once right when it started. Jostled it and worked till full. Other than that never had a problem.