Fiberglass front fenders @ SDHQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice, well i like it with the 35s, thanks for the extra pics, post anymore if you have them.

And it looks like your Dad wrecking your truck worked out well for you! Did you upgrade the bumper too?

you bet i did! im a strong believer in upgraded when its broke.

these last few pictures are just to get an idea of how well they actually fit. anyone thats messed with aftermarket fiberglass panels knows theyre a nightmare. these dont require too much work for a proper fit

Attachments

• 100_3869.jpg
    100_3869.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_3871.jpg
    100_3871.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_3870.jpg
    100_3870.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_3873.jpg
    100_3873.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 167

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks really good steve-o! We are big fans of the boatec stuff here at the shop! The fit and finish right out of the box is second to none!

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on 37s with glass on the bottom perch? Think this is feasible? I'd really like to keep the CG as low as possible.

Also, SDHQ, what are you fab'ing the fender liners out of? Any chance you / Boatec will be making any sort of off the shelf option?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i've been in contact with Bruce at Boatec and he has some things coming down the line in March. i'm trying to get Boatac aboard at FRF to lend some help at "off the shelf" type fiberglass fenders.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been in contact with Bruce at Boatec and he has some things coming down the line in March. i'm trying to get Boatac aboard at FRF to lend some help at "off the shelf" type fiberglass fenders.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up, Bird. I guess I will just have to hold-off on picking up some fenders until March. Let him know that depending on what he comes out with, and it sounds like they'll be even better then his current offering, he got a definite buyer right here.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the heads up, Bird. I guess I will just have to hold-off on picking up some fenders until March. Let him know that depending on what he comes out with, and it sounds like they'll be even better then his current offering, he got a definite buyer right here.

I honestly don't know what his plans are but he told me he has some Raptor related projects he is working on. Whether or not they do some off the shelf stuff at some point I don't know.

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on 37s with glass on the bottom perch? Think this is feasible? I'd really like to keep the CG as low as possible.

Also, SDHQ, what are you fab'ing the fender liners out of? Any chance you / Boatec will be making any sort of off the shelf option?

I would highly recommend doing the spring perch mod if you are wanting to run 37s. You could probably get away with it at the middle perch with fiberglass fenders. The fender liners is thin gauge aluminum that is molded to fit into the fender wells and is then sprayed with a bed liner material so it can withstand the elements and doesn't stand out.

We are in constant contact with bruce. He is down here usually once a month dropping off a shipment of raptor fenders to us. He definitely has some cool stuff cookin at his shop and once I hear get any kind of info, I will be sure to pass it along to you guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts