fiberglass fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True holeshot but that's not always possible. I'm going to post my setup with the chase rack I built soon. I have a motorized antenna mount and with some electronics we made so the antenna folds up and down when you turn the radio on. Had to do this so I can get into my parking garage. There is a parking garage in Kentucky at 4th st live that's so tight u clear it with less than an inch! I almost didn't make it out when I had my platinum with 35's so I wanted to make nothing higher than the roof!

The rigid 50" I have is also on a actuator.

I have both a ham license and a commercial radio system license from the FCC including a repeater I installed at our shop, so I'm quite up on radio and antenna installation.

FYI If you mount an antenna anywhere other than the roof, like on a chase rack...you need to use a NGP (no ground plane) antenna. If you don't have a big piece of metal under it a NGP antenna will always do better.

All that said I just think having one in the stock FM any location would be super stealthy. :)

--John

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just realize that i have the boatec fenders :l , lol didnt know until.know, i went to the offroad swapmeet and got them there for 180 :) ,

TMX u think theres a way to modify my stock linears? They are in perfect condition :)

Ill send you a picture of what we do with the stock liners. We also Line-X the underside for the ones we don't install the complete liners. It helps protect the paint from "spidering" from rock chips thrown up by the tires.

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Herea i a little something that i idealized :) and also coat with rustoleum under coat :)

Driver side was really easy, and on the passenger side i maked sure to cover the windshield reservoir

Attachments

• 20150307_192454.jpg
    20150307_192454.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 20150307_192501.jpg
    20150307_192501.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 211

jayzwill

Reaction score
If you are installing the Boatec Liners, is it necessary to spray the undercoat on the frame? Or is it just a good thing to do regardless?