Fiberglass fenders too wide for daily use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a good deal on a full gen 2 one piece front clip and bedsides (I have a gen 1) and am considering it so I can run 37’s, but want to hear from owners with similar extended fenders as to the daily usability. I don’t care how wide it feels, more about if it will even fit most places. I have to use my truck daily and I’m a contractor so I need to park in crowded parking lots every day and saying “well it’s an off-road truck so who cares if it’s wide” doesn’t work. I have already had multiple drivers scratch the stock width fenders.

F2EDF103-6EE1-4BBC-9469-8B2F5DEC19BD.png

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the +2/+2 fenders on the front of my 2010 and I don't have any issues with normal parking spots on a crowded base. As long as they don't stick out farther than the mirrors it won't be that much more of a pain unless you have to fold your mirrors in to park where you do on a normal basis.

Last edited:

John Sal

Reaction score
Is it just the fenders and possibly tires that make the raptor larger than the typical f150? I'm assuming there is no way to narrow it? Sorry for the stupid questions. I really want to get a new one if the 2021 is announced soon but I'm a little worried about occasional city parking! Appreciate the help

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just the fenders and possibly tires that make the raptor larger than the typical f150? I'm assuming there is no way to narrow it? Sorry for the stupid questions. I really want to get a new one if the 2021 is announced soon but I'm a little worried about occasional city parking! Appreciate the help
The control arms, axles, tie rods, and rear axle are all wider

surgknock

Reaction score
Found a good deal on a full gen 2 one piece front clip and bedsides (I have a gen 1) and am considering it so I can run 37’s, but want to hear from owners with similar extended fenders as to the daily usability. I don’t care how wide it feels, more about if it will even fit most places. I have to use my truck daily and I’m a contractor so I need to park in crowded parking lots every day and saying “well it’s an off-road truck so who cares if it’s wide” doesn’t work. I have already had multiple drivers scratch the stock width fenders.

View attachment 156161
Did you end up getting them

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up getting them
Got 37’s but kept the stock offset wheels and have not had any rubbing so have put off fenders until my budget allows. Ended up not getting that front end because I would’ve had to buy headlights and a new tube bumper for a Gen 2 front end

surgknock

Reaction score
Got 37’s but kept the stock offset wheels and have not had any rubbing so have put off fenders until my budget allows. Ended up not getting that front end because I would’ve had to buy headlights and a new tube bumper for a Gen 2 front end
Ok I was looking for pics an if any body was doing this swap I just order McNeil from clip see how it goes

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I was looking for pics an if any body was doing this swap I just order McNeil from clip see how it goes
I ended up waiting on it but I talked to body shops about figment and they all said basically all the aftermarket fiberglass requires modification to fit properly