Fiberglass Fender Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have it in for service at all. check for damage everywhere. inside and out. not sure if the hood being closed with something wedged in there on the driver side would push it that far to the passenger side or not. maybe the hood was open and something got pushed against it.

if you have done all the service yourself then probably not the case.

any accident that you didn't know about would have visible damage somewhere else. did you check the front of that inner fender flare or any tire damage. maybe a hit and run pushed the fender forward just enough with minor damage.

just throwing out things to look at before the dealer finds it and tells you to pound pavement because it was hit. even if you were not aware and never noticed.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at the hood hinges. Typically if a bolted on part moves, you can see an outline where the bolt was prior to the move. With all of the random Covid truck type of problems, I wouldnt be surprised if they just didnt tighten the hood bolts and the thing shifted while driving.... Thats were I would look!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would look at the hood hinges. Typically if a bolted on part moves, you can see an outline where the bolt was prior to the move. With all of the random Covid truck type of problems, I wouldnt be surprised if they just didnt tighten the hood bolts and the thing shifted while driving.... Thats were I would look!
I just noticed a couple days ago it looked like my passenger side hood hinge had slid. There were No wrench marks and it’s still straight. I am going to check it tonight.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had the truck for 13 months and this only appeared recently.

No collisions, offroading, jumps, etc…the gaps between the hood and fenders do now look slightly uneven (wider on driver side) so my best guess is the hinge may have somehow come loose over time allowing it to rub.

Timing worked out at least, was already taking it in for the wiper motor recall and to replace a sun visor (light went out).
looks like the hood bolts might be a little loose, and then if you opened the hood they would bind. This happens on Gen2 as well. the corner of the hood when not aligned correct binds with that exact part of the fender. Have had to fox this before

Attachments

• 3047EDE9-237C-414C-8F8A-A154B124889E.jpeg
    3047EDE9-237C-414C-8F8A-A154B124889E.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 14