Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If anything good comes from this its the gen 3 resale value longterm. They are being produced way less than the gen 2's were during the 2017-2020 run.

The latter is true, but the former is just a guess. it’s a good guess if the truck market doesn’t change over the next 2 years, but, if Ford starts making more trucks - they will sell every one they make, to their absolute capacity, then I would expect the ‘2020 model to possibly command more than ’21’s.

There were a lot of teething problems on the ’21, observationally, I’d say more so than the ’17 roll out. The cam phaser issue is over with fortunately but the turbos didn’t fare as well out of the gate. I think they have that covered, but the clunking suspension woes will come into play too.

Maybe. It just depends.
But once the market returns to a more normal state than it is now, resale on all used vehicles will reset, including all the Raptors. The more this drags on, the more this choking off of supply looks more than just accidental or coincidental. Maybe Ford is making a move on the sales front, maybe they’re just too big and ponderous to react quickly. The more this stays the same the more I’m beginning to think the market isn’t going back to pre ’20 models.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you really know if an dealer has an allocation? I found a dealer for a 23 at MSRP, salesmen thinks they do. I was going to go into the dealer next weekend to actually sit down and order it. Is there anything I can see as proof they do?
The SM should know what allocations they will currently have or are likely to get....

Last edited:

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is a bit of a third hand story, but I wanted to sound the waters and see if anyone else is hearing the same thing.

My father-in-law has an order in with a dealer he previously purchased a vehicle with and put in a 37PP order a few months back. They called a few weeks ago to ask if he want his truck to be scheduled as a 2022 or 2023. He chose to push to 2023 and all was well. That is until this morning when the dealer calls and says Ford is cutting back on Raptor allocations and his 2023 order did not make the cut. The dealer is claiming that they are getting 0 allocations and my father in law is high and dry on the truck he ordered. The sales guy said Ford is trimming the Raptor allocations for 2023 across the board.

Seems a bit weird to me. Any info you guys have would be great! Also the names of any MSRP dealers still taking 2023 orders or have 2023 allocations (hell, even a 2022 allocation) would be much appreciated as well!

Edit:

I, in no way, am trying to stir the pot or make anyone panic. Dealerships tell untruths for their own ends all the time, I just want to bounce this around the community to see if anyone can corroborate anything and see what the best path forward would be.
I found a dealer who gave me a 2022 Raptor Allocation on Feb 1, 2022. Ford did not produce the truck, and told us we had to re-order the truck as a 2023 at a $6,000 price increase. I'm not sure how many allocations there are, but I think there are probably some 2022 orders that will become 2023. I'm not sure how that will change the # of trucks per year stats....

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a dealer who gave me a 2022 Raptor Allocation on Feb 1, 2022. Ford did not produce the truck, and told us we had to re-order the truck as a 2023 at a $6,000 price increase. I'm not sure how many allocations there are, but I think there are probably some 2022 orders that will become 2023. I'm not sure how that will change the # of trucks per year stats....
This was discussed in the r thread. I think it’s about 5000 2022 to 2023 conversions and about 3000 new 2023 non r and about 3000 r. In the first wave of production.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong... but a Raptor allocation is not one straightforward allocation anyways. Even if an allocation exists at the time you discuss and place an order with a dealer. These zone reps that call dealers have given out the most allocations for the Non-37/Non R Raptor, less & separate allocations for just the 37 PP Raptor, and even less separate allocations for the R. So even if you order you need an allocation and even if they have an allocation do they have the correct allocation for your order. This is also given the fact that the packages and options come to present a smaller set of builds overall for MY 23 that now don't align with the MY 22 orders that were never built... so it seems they simply will not allow as many orders given the current landscape and most likely won't bother converting orders that no longer align with one of the possible MY 23 builds.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong... but a Raptor allocation is not one straightforward allocation anyways. Even if an allocation exists at the time you discuss and place an order with a dealer. These zone reps that call dealers have given out the most allocations for the Non-37/Non R Raptor, less & separate allocations for just the 37 PP Raptor, and even less separate allocations for the R. So even if you order you need an allocation and even if they have an allocation do they have the correct allocation for your order. This is also given the fact that the packages and options come to present a smaller set of builds overall for MY 23 that now don't align with the MY 22 orders that were never built... so it seems they simply will not allow as many orders given the current landscape and most likely won't bother converting orders that no longer align with one of the possible MY 23 builds.
This was posted in another thread about 3000 or so 22 carryovers about 3k r's and about 3k 2023 new orders