Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosmoses

Reaction score
So this is a bit of a third hand story, but I wanted to sound the waters and see if anyone else is hearing the same thing.

My father-in-law has an order in with a dealer he previously purchased a vehicle with and put in a 37PP order a few months back. They called a few weeks ago to ask if he want his truck to be scheduled as a 2022 or 2023. He chose to push to 2023 and all was well. That is until this morning when the dealer calls and says Ford is cutting back on Raptor allocations and his 2023 order did not make the cut. The dealer is claiming that they are getting 0 allocations and my father in law is high and dry on the truck he ordered. The sales guy said Ford is trimming the Raptor allocations for 2023 across the board.

Seems a bit weird to me. Any info you guys have would be great! Also the names of any MSRP dealers still taking 2023 orders or have 2023 allocations (hell, even a 2022 allocation) would be much appreciated as well!

Edit:

I, in no way, am trying to stir the pot or make anyone panic. Dealerships tell untruths for their own ends all the time, I just want to bounce this around the community to see if anyone can corroborate anything and see what the best path forward would be.

Last edited:

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1AE36B3F-A9A0-4A3A-B9D6-9ABE8C33EA67.png

Raptor connection posted this on Instagram. Not sure what it means, personally, but pretty sure it’s saying less raptors for 23. He’s pretty reliable as far as raptor info.

I’d assume given the parts shortages we’ve had, they are now having to split them between regular and R’s. So the number of v6’s will go down. The 35” route might be more feasible given the R is a v8 37pp.

OP
OP
A

amosmoses

Reaction score
Just to orient myself, MY22 Make-ups are MY23s that were ordered in MY22 as MY22s and rolled over into the new model year correct? If that is the case, those are already spoken for and he'll be fighting for the ~2700 MY23 allocations? May have better luck with getting an R!

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does when you see the numbers of the Lightning they are claiming they will produce. IMO they are pushing those out the door as fast as they can, to the detriment of other vehicles such as the Raptor.
We have all seen the writing on the wall. The libtards are doing everything to kill the internal combustion engine.