Few things from a new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when they spray in a bed liner they scratch the crap out of it anyhow so it sticks good. so use it until it get's a scratch or not just get it done before it rusts. even if you would buff it down to bare metal first anyhow. nice truck looks like the guy gal took good care of it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
headers and cat back make more power and sound. tune adds a bit more also I took my cat's off so it takes the dash light off also limiter. as far as mpg go's you have to drive 50 for that to happen.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, hypothetically...what are the options for the SVT beadlock conversion rings?

You can order the true beadlock ring from Ford Racing and convert your wheel to a real beadlock.
I think OMF made a ring for it as well.

Basically remove the trim ring and add the bead ring. It will use twice as many bolts.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order the true beadlock ring from Ford Racing and convert your wheel to a real beadlock.
I think OMF made a ring for it as well.

Basically remove the trim ring and add the bead ring. It will use twice as many bolts.

New to the whole beadlock thing so bear with me:

So the tires are semi-beadlocked already and by adding the true ring it provides the extra strength needed to hold it when aired down, or would you still have to move the bead to the outside?

My understanding is that non beadlock means the bead is inside the wheel, whereas beadlocked means the bead is outside the wheel with the ring securing the bead so you can go to such low pressures.

Is that correct?

OP
OP
Adam Miller

Adam Miller

Reaction score
These SVT beadlock-capable rims, when used conventionally, mounts each bead/sidewall inside of the rim lips. When used as a true beadlock wheel, the inner sidewall is positioned normally but the outer sidewall now sits OUTSIDE the wheel lip (in the area where the old beauty ring was). Then the functional ring is bolted down and clamps the sidewall.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These SVT beadlock-capable rims, when used conventionally, mounts each bead/sidewall inside of the rim lips. When used as a true beadlock wheel, the inner sidewall is positioned normally but the outer sidewall now sits OUTSIDE the wheel lip (in the area where the old beauty ring was). Then the functional ring is bolted down and clamps the sidewall.

Correct.
If you take the non bead lock trim ring off, the tire is mounted inside the lip like a normal wheel, but you can see where there is a flat surface for the tire bead to sit on the outside. You preposition the tire on the outside and then clamp the bead with the new beadlock ring that has more bolts and an outer bead.
pretty trick wheel actually. I just wish it had 0 offset like my Methods.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an ex Jimmy Adamo/Reno Leoni 851. Was a basketcase when I got it though, and original motor had been blown up long ago. Has a built 996 in it now.
Haven't heard Jimmy Adamo for a long time. He lived near me and I watched him race at Loudon NHIS a long time ago.