Fenders and hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seeker

Reaction score
Probably not the toughest tech question you'll ever get but just what are the hood and front fenders made from? 2011 Ford F-150 book says aluminum hood and nothing about fenders but I'll swear my fenders and hood are some type of FRP.

Edit: Any threads on this you remember?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front fenders and hood are made out of plastic/fiberglass composite. The rear fenders are tin/metal for better weight balance.

CB17

Reaction score
The front fenders and hood are made out of plastic/fiberglass composite. The rear fenders are tin/metal for better weight balance.

Interesting...didn't not know that, and had the same question:waytogo:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rapford75, Uh-oh. I live in Alabama, and we get T-storms and hail fairly regularly. What did the hail do to your Raptor???

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the same storms that took out Tuscaloosa on April 27th. We had golf ball size hail for 20+ minutes, 2 separate times that evening. Anyway, $4800 later it looks good. Damaged every panel except the front fenders, hood and tailgate. The top had to be completely replaced and the other panels were removed, fixed, completely sanded down(inside and out of door panels) and fully repainted. The cowls on the hood were busted and the two plastic vents on hood had holes in them, so they were replaced. Took about 4 weeks to fix it and I had to take it to my family in Destin to get it fixed quicker. It was going to be October here before anyone could even start to work on it. And that tells you how widespread and bad it was.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. I'm glad you got your rig fixed, and I'm glad that I have managed to find a way to shoehorn mine into a conventionally sized garage. Thanks for taking the time to share your story, as it's a good lesson for everyone who lives in T-storm country.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
It was the same storms that took out Tuscaloosa on April 27th. We had golf ball size hail for 20+ minutes, 2 separate times that evening. Anyway, $4800 later it looks good. Damaged every panel except the front fenders, hood and tailgate. The top had to be completely replaced and the other panels were removed, fixed, completely sanded down(inside and out of door panels) and fully repainted. The cowls on the hood were busted and the two plastic vents on hood had holes in them, so they were replaced. Took about 4 weeks to fix it and I had to take it to my family in Destin to get it fixed quicker. It was going to be October here before anyone could even start to work on it. And that tells you how widespread and bad it was.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. At least you got it fixed and I hope everything else is working out for you, hated to see all that damage out your way during those storms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts