Fender trimming Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why everyone seems to be cutting the living hell out of their fenders to run 37’s. I have no rubbing whatsoever even when jumping offroad and have done no cutting of anything. In my opinion going to mid perch or higher makes a lot more sense than cutting all that stuff out and having to cut up your fenders and have them not match.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand why everyone seems to be cutting the living hell out of their fenders to run 37’s. I have no rubbing whatsoever even when jumping offroad and have done no cutting of anything. In my opinion going to mid perch or higher makes a lot more sense than cutting all that stuff out and having to cut up your fenders and have them not match.

Wheel offset and alignment. I run 0 offset wheels with 315’s with 5* of positive caster and I rub. I’m currently still in the self-clearance given phase.

OP
OP
R

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mine are cut. I have clearance now and everything looks stock, Good to go.
If I hadn't cut mine. I would have cut my tires and ripped off the fender liners in the front when at full articulation.
37" KO2 with stock bead lock wheels.

OP
OP
R

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutting the hell out of those back pinch welds scares me. lol
Easy - I used a 4.5"cut off wheel.

V - cut the seams so the seams will Bend easier and flat as possible. I ground the V-cuts with a die grinder using carbine bit and stone to take off any burrs or anything that would attract rust. I then painted with self priming paint and Let it dry completely then folded the seams half way and applied an elastomer undercoating to them and beat it flush before the undercoating was dry - Then undercoated again. Just make sure it is sealed completely so not to attract salt or mud causing rust down the road. It is a fast process with the exception of paint and undercoating dry time.

Adder - Clean well with soap, water and heavy bristle brush first. Make sure you have a clean work environment and that the paint & undercoating will have a clean surface to bond to. I also wiped the cut and ground seam welds down with acetone before painting

Last edited: